Egr valve location

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Mtb
Currently Drives:: Megane mk2 convertibel

Egr valve location

Postby Mtb » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:38 pm

Hi everyone , I currently have a 55 plate megane 1.9 DCI convertible , could someone point in the right direction as to where the egr is located plz , and how easy it is to get it off the car so it can have a good clean

Thank you in advance

Melanie

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Re: Egr valve location

Postby ChrisM » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:06 pm

Stand in front of car lid up, its at the top rear right looks like a silver tube it has 3 10mm bolts if I remember rightly be careful getting it out they are tight.
Use a set of grips to slightly twist it back n forth but as said be careful not to twist off the body leaving valve in best bet is loosen it by twisting its fastening flange it will be tight at first just rock it back n forward it will come.
Something you might want to be aware of that if you change it they don't always self learn and canceling the fault won't make it re learn so make sure you know someone with a Renault laptop. We tried a few on mine and it still ran flat as it was reading its old peramiters the only software we could find to delete the old peramiters was the Renault diag software one this was done ecu re learnt the new egr readings and all fine again. Just cleaning you will be OK, whilst it is out write down part number cleaning them is only short term to be honest I got mine of eBay it was fairly reasonable price wise watch out for the gasket as well you don't want to loose it.
Hope this helps a little.
Search eBay for egr look for pierberg you'll get an idea of what its tale end looks like.

Mtb
Currently Drives:: Megane mk2 convertibel

Postby Mtb » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:46 pm

Thank you ever so much for the reply , I have not had the car that long so I can only assume the last owner did not pull the valve out to clean or inspect it. My check injection is on , changed all 4 glow plugs and currently trying to eliminate things as I go along , so I thought the egr would be a good starting point

Melanie

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Postby ChrisM » Mon May 01, 2017 1:24 pm

Find someone to diag it or you could be looking for ages and spending a fortune glow plugs for example I know they are not cheap probably around £60 for all four.
Simple glowplug test is start it run it until it warms up a little switch it off and re start it if it is glow plugs "check injection" will not come back on as it hasn't used the plugs to start it but once it cools a little back on it comes but at least you know other way is test lamp from battery + to glowplug top if lamp lights plug is working if it doesn't plug is down two really simple tests for glow plugs. Check injection could be a multitude of things so get somebody to code read it doesn't need to be a Renault laptop to read it like I said it could save you time and money.
:D

Return to “Megane CC”