roof "beep beep beep"

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

bidderman1969
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: kia Optima
Citroen C3 Pluriel
Renault Megane CC

roof "beep beep beep"

Postby bidderman1969 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:49 pm

trying a new approach, whether putting the roof up or down, i don't get the "beep beep beep" confirmation noise, which i think also cuts the power to the pump?

even when shutting, the pump still tries pumping even though the roof is shut, same when opening, is there a sensor that needs replacing?

so when driving off, with roof up or down, the car starts beeping at me for a while, but no message comes up on the instrument cluster.

any help very welcome, i can't have been the only person this has happened to, surely?
Last edited by bidderman1969 on Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

bidderman1969
Passed Theory
Citroen C3 Pluriel
Renault Megane CC

Re: roof "beep beep beep"

Postby bidderman1969 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:41 am

just had an interesting chat to an AA chap, told him symptoms of car beeping away, then told him about the new switch/catch i fitted to the rear lid, and he suggested that the switch may now needed to be coded to the car? i have heard this before about certain new parts being fitted to cars, but didn't think something like that switch would need this?

q292u
Global moderator
Currently Drives:: 2003 Clio. The Megane died.
2001 Audi A2 1.4 SE

Postby q292u » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:55 am

It wouldn't surprise me if he was correct.. Unfortunately that sounds like a Renault dealer job (Sharp intake of breath)

bidderman1969
Passed Theory
Citroen C3 Pluriel
Renault Megane CC

Postby bidderman1969 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:18 pm

i can't be the only one that this has happened to?

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Postby ChrisM » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:10 pm

Try deleting any warnings from ecu if that does not work and ecu re set to force ecu to re-learn parameters.
Remember conversation we had about my egr valve we had to get into ecu and into egr and delete data forcing ecu into a learning process. Quite a lot of steps for what should be a simple process but apparently in some cars its not.
Do know volvo come with blank switches and have to be told by the factory which switch it is. Didn't think renault did this so might just be a re learn issue

bidderman1969
Passed Theory
Citroen C3 Pluriel
Renault Megane CC

Postby bidderman1969 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:54 pm

spoke to Renault today, and he said its unlikely that it would need coding, but he did say it might pay to have it checked out with what i believe is Renaults equivalent to a body control unit ?, can't remember what he called it, UHC or something or other

bidderman1969
Passed Theory
Citroen C3 Pluriel
Renault Megane CC

Postby bidderman1969 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:55 pm

ChrisM wrote:Try deleting any warnings from ecu if that does not work and ecu re set to force ecu to re-learn parameters.
Remember conversation we had about my egr valve we had to get into ecu and into egr and delete data forcing ecu into a learning process. Quite a lot of steps for what should be a simple process but apparently in some cars its not.
Do know volvo come with blank switches and have to be told by the factory which switch it is. Didn't think renault did this so might just be a re learn issue

what did you use to get into it bud?

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Postby ChrisM » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:26 pm

The renault diag software the name eludes me at mo keep thinking planet and odis but wrong brands diaologies but I thinks thats parts catalogue just cant think of its name....
Your snapon code readers and aftermarket diags dont get deep enough we tried to snapon boxes 1st both rather expensive bits of kit so my renault man had to dig out his old renault laptop charge it and try.
It seems the renault software reads more and allows you to do more which he openly admited he had forgotten.
It will come to me but its there own diag software.

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Postby Stranger » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:51 pm

Can Clip
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

Return to “Megane CC”