Air coming in

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

schumy
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.6

Air coming in

Postby schumy » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:46 pm

Hi all,

I'm having an issue for some months already and I'm not sure about how to fix it. Over 70kph I can hear the air coming in through the rubber that separates both front and back windows. It seems that the amount of pressure is not enough to stop the air but I don't know for sure how to fix it.

Any tip or how to?

Thanks!

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Re: Air coming in

Postby ChrisM » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:41 pm

Rear quater lites! Search forum for rear window regulator you will get and idea.
In short.
Roof off
Rear seats out
Remove rear interior trims carefull with speaker and window switch cables.
Ther rear window glass can be adjusted now you will see looking at the rear panel 3 large plastic bungs remove these inside there 10mm nuts slacken and you can adjust glass height and position (best done with roof back up) beware retightening don't go mad you r clamping glass!!!!!!!
Or
Remove grey spongy cover to window reg you will see another 10mm nut on a slot mount just inside by windy reg close door slacken and watch gap at the seal down the door glass this nut controls tilt of rear window.
Look at top rail where glass disappears into body two 10mm bolts on a bracket one either end slacken and push glass forward onto seal at botton of window.
Not easy to get to but once you are there quite simple next time only a couple more steps and windy reg is out anyway.
As said aearch on here for rear window regulator removal there use to be a how too hopefully it is still here as old meggi cc is renowned for its rear window issues.

schumy

Postby schumy » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:12 pm

ChrisM wrote:Rear quater lites! Search forum for rear window regulator you will get and idea.
In short.
Roof off
Rear seats out
Remove rear interior trims carefull with speaker and window switch cables.
Ther rear window glass can be adjusted now you will see looking at the rear panel 3 large plastic bungs remove these inside there 10mm nuts slacken and you can adjust glass height and position (best done with roof back up) beware retightening don't go mad you r clamping glass!!!!!!!
Or
Remove grey spongy cover to window reg you will see another 10mm nut on a slot mount just inside by windy reg close door slacken and watch gap at the seal down the door glass this nut controls tilt of rear window.
Look at top rail where glass disappears into body two 10mm bolts on a bracket one either end slacken and push glass forward onto seal at botton of window.
Not easy to get to but once you are there quite simple next time only a couple more steps and windy reg is out anyway.
As said aearch on here for rear window regulator removal there use to be a how too hopefully it is still here as old meggi cc is renowned for its rear window issues.

Thanks a lot mate! I will definitely take a look into it!

ChrisM
Advanced Driver

Postby ChrisM » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:27 pm

After the rear quarter trim is off:

The 3 large grommets you see in the image, remove, behind them is a 10mm nut, 3 in all, slacken them off a little and you can adjust the glass best done with roof up you can see how it fits, this only adjusts the height and slant of the glass so make sure it sits nicely on the seal at the roof and the gap is equal all down the door pay attention to the rear of the glass (boot end) if you push glass to far towards the door you end up with a hole here due to shape of glass. Note one of my grommets is slightly behind the roof strut its just he angle of the shot take them out with roof down and replace roof down the struts moves up slightly, BECAREFUL WHEN tightening them do not go mad its a washer and nut onto glass!!!
----------------------------------------------

Now looking down from the above image you will see a grey foam cover, remove carefully as this is a rain membrane so make sure you
A) replace it when finished
B) repair it with tape if it (and it will) tears.
behind that is youe windy reg, there is an L bracket if you look just inside the hole you will see 10mm nut, slacken this nut moves the bottom of the reg in and out, looking at the top of your glass (roof seal) you will see the glass move outwards when you pull reg inwards, and visa versa works like a pendulum if you pull it to far towards rear seat then glass will miss roof seal so again take your time to adjust to get a good seal.

-----------------------------------------------------

These two 10mm,s are by the inner window seal there are 4 altogether you need the two inner ones mine have blue paint on, they sit on a little rise on the regulator body, also myy outer ones have a brass colour anyway, slacken, these two will move the glass towards the outer seal if pushed out. (the two outer ones on either end are to remove the reg)

all seems very simple but remember they also act on each other so adjusting one could push out the other which is why I keep saying take your time with this also operate the window a couple of times so you can see it open and close as you are adjusting it nothing worse than thinking its ok putting all back together to find hit hits the roof seal and have to pull it all apart again :mad :mad

mine is looking like this at present because I am messing with passenger rear reg had the Temic repaird by an ebay waller however it seems the guy has cocked it up and now motor turns the wrong way... great. so had to re-string reg and turn motor around on reg, not a happy bunny oh and suprise suprise the ebay waller fails to respond now. :?

schumy

Postby schumy » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:39 pm

I just saw your message! Really really helpful. I have to start digging into it cause I have also to replace the seats(to leather), so I will try to do all at once but definitely with images is way more clear.
It really looks quite hard to find the proper adjustment... :|

ChrisM
Advanced Driver

Postby ChrisM » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:14 pm

It's not as bad as it sounds... honest!!
If you are putting in the standard cream leather see my post for leather dye he does a spot on mix works on the cream plastics as well he also does a cracking leather cleaner at about six quid it took dirt out of seats I thought clean.
You can take front seats out without disconnecting the battery I taken mine out a couple of times its simple.
Unlock car
Open doors.
Use screwdriver in door lock to push it over to fain door closed in your case both sides
Push doors too they wont catch as you have already clicked door lock over
Take key out of car and leave in house.
Have a brew to let car go to sleep.
Open door not by door handle otherwise you will wake it up.
Now ...... remove front seats.
Simple.
You just have to remember.
Keep key away from car
Dont lock car with key
Don't use door handles to open/close doors.
The idea is to put car to sleep and leave it in this state.
By pushing the door catches over it tricks car into thinking doors are shut even when you open the door the car will not know as the latch is still over in closed position interior light does not come on car does not wake up.
Job done
To send latches back over to open position just pull door handle....car wakes up non the wiser.

Return to “Megane CC”