Can anyone recommend a rear parking camera

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

booktrunk
Currently Drives:: Megane CC '55 Plate

Can anyone recommend a rear parking camera

Postby booktrunk » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:55 am

Hi,

Are there any particular cameras worth looking for or judt grab any old thing of eBay?

I've replaced my stereo with the pioneer doubledin Apple CarPlay touch screen stereo which is great, and have the parking break thing in place so I am all set to go I guess, judt need a rear camera, not sure what's the easiest to fit? Can you get ones that surround the number plate or are they rubbish :-)

Any ideas/opinions are appreciated.

The boot opening the clever ways it does seems to cause some hassle with installing cameras but that might just be in my imagination.

Not used to playing with wiring but try little things so something reasonably easy sounds good. Wonder if you can get wifi units but if so I guess you would need to keep replacing batteries or can they be powered from the lights?

petepete
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: cc

Re: Can anyone recommend a rear parking camera

Postby petepete » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:59 pm

I have 5 cameras on my cc..

4 are dashcams ( front back and both sides covering 340 ) and a dedicated rear camera with lines on to indicate each 2ft so I can park without looking over my shoulder !

A bog standard £9 waterproof camera can be fitted nicely where the number plate lights are and the wires run inside the boot to the grommet, then on down via the hinge through into the cab and stereo.

Ricardohx4
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9 Dynamique '04

Re: Can anyone recommend a rear parking camera

Postby Ricardohx4 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:54 am

Hi both, just bought my parents CC off them (just spent £1000 after engine collapsed) was too good to let go after the money just spent, plus I had a petrol one nearly new back in the day and loved it!

Anyway, this topic is right up my street as I've been looking for a double din and seen the circa £300 Pioneer 120 model with car play - Is this the one you've got/installed? I've asked Halford about camera and thee been a bit vague.....

Im going to go out today and try find a matching camera - Don't suppose anyone knows what size speakers I need for front and back? My Step dad says he'll replace if I find the sizes - How does the head unit sound dude?? You seem impressed with it? Love to see a pic installed :-)

Thanks for your time.
Rick from Halifax
Rick ;-)
Richard Tomlinson
Based in Halifax/Liverpool

Return to “Megane CC”