Mégane II CC built-in GPS display technicals

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

EasternPromise
Currently Drives:: 2006 Renault Mégane CC

Mégane II CC built-in GPS display technicals

Postby EasternPromise » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:59 am

Dear Mégane-Friends

While my car is hibernating during winter, I wanted to install a rear-view camera. Since the car already has a built-in monitor from the GPS, I was wondering if it is possible for that display to connect to a camera. I know there are solutions (https://www.carvision.nl/index.php?actio ... 90&lang=EN) for the Mégane III, but I couldn't find any off-the-shelve ideas for the Mégane II.

Does anyone have any technical information about the Mégane II's built-in GPS system, especially the monitor?

I really don't want to stick an ugly display onto the windshield, because I can't stand the mess with cables and it just looks really awful. Which brings me to another idea (in case I can't solve it with the GPS monitor): Has anyone made any experience with-rear view cameras that are connected to the rear-view mirror? I know there are a lot of products on the market, with sometimes rather awful ratings and comments, so can anyone suggest a product that's actually worth the trouble?

Thanks a lot for your ideas.

EP

petepete
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: cc

Re: Mégane II CC built-in GPS display technicals

Postby petepete » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:41 am

I use a bog standard 7 inch clip on mirror display with 2 AV switchable inputs.

AV 1 is used to display an accurate above number plate reverse camera with markings on each representing 2 ft and is perfect for parking ... And it doubles up as a rear view when driving as I leave it on all the time...

AV 2 is linked to the output of a mini 0806 dashcam mounted at the top of the cc rear window neatly. I can check it is running and it gives me a rear view from an elevated point that avoids dazzle from head lights behind, which I switch to at night ....

Not just saying it - one of the best mods I ve fitted and I would hate to be without it.

( my car has 5 dashcams covering 360 degrees and used while parked up for security - all hd giving good night time vision.... best mod is the webasto diesel car/ engine pre heater )

Murgatroyd
Currently Drives:: Megane II CC 2005

Re: Mégane II CC built-in GPS display technicals

Postby Murgatroyd » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:19 pm

Can I ask ... what "above the number plate" camera did you get to fit.

I've tried a couple from eBay and the ones I've found all block the boot opening switch.

Return to “Megane CC”