Megane cc - first impressions.

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

NeilS
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane cc 1.9dCi Privelage auto

Megane cc - first impressions.

Postby NeilS » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:50 pm

Hi All,
new to forum and new to Renault so I thought it would be a good idea to join up as I recently bought a Meg cc 1.9 dCi, so fwiw here are my initial thoughts and impressions . . .

It all started when we both decided it was time for something different, and the mrs had fancied the idea of a convertible for a while. I had initially considered the 307cc, as a work colleague has one and let's be honest, it's a nice looking car. But as my search widened, I discovered the Megane and straight away the quirky features like the glass pano roof and the handbrake appealed. So I set about to try and find a silver cc and one day I stumbled upon a gold one which literally ticked all the boxes. I was after a Privelage model anyway and this one came loaded with all the gadgets I was looking for, including automatic gearbox which I guess isn't everyone's cuppa but with the traffic jams I have to endure twice every day on the commute, it's a dream.

I also like the ride in the Meg, I find the seats and suspension very comfortable. Mind you after years of driving Fords, it's like having a Bentley. The 1.9L diesel is a smooth and quiet unit, but not as punchy and thankfully not as harsh as the Ford (Peugeot) TDCi which was in the Galaxy which I had previously. The steering is also nice and light and the car is a doddle to park.

One minor thing which I did miss was the rear window wiper, but a mate told me about RainX so I put some on and that was that problem sorted.
All in all, I'm really impressed with the whole package and I would definitely consider another Renault for my next car.
(Insert something creative/witty/imaginative here _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ )

wanda
F1 Driver

Re: Megane cc - first impressions.

Postby wanda » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:54 pm

welcome.

I have had mine for 8 years had an accident with it and still like it.

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Re: Megane cc - first impressions.

Postby ChrisM » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:29 pm

We have both at home 307cc and the meg cc and to be honest not that much difference apart from looks the pug looks sporty.
Drive. The pug is far quicker and out handles the mobile conservatory.
Megs fuel economy is better and she is easier to repair but Imust say the 2.0 hdi pug service parts are a dream to change right there looking at you. And my megs more comfy inside on long trips.
Hates, renault suspension far to soft makes the glass top wallow a lot. Engine. To flat volvo use the same engine and its quicker. Why renault never used a 16v diesel I don't know and seems in the new cc still don't I believe ??
The meg cc had far more potential than renault gave it which is a shame but its always a numbers game and the Mercedes roof must have cost a lot so the rest of the vehicle suffered but have to say at 130k+on mine its still the best mechanism in its class it puts that roof in the boot where as others including the pug "chuck it" in.

Return to “Megane CC”