Drivers door window not working correctly

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Jonashuk
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1. 9TD 130 but Monaco edition

Drivers door window not working correctly

Postby Jonashuk » Mon May 18, 2015 4:28 pm

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and I'm hoping someone may be able to shed a little light on how to fix my window problem on my 55 plate Megane CC 1.9 Monaco.

The other day I decided to drop the roof and found that the drivers door wouldn't go down with the roof switch and also didn't work with the global open/close button, however it did work with the switch on the door.
Anyway I did some searching on the net and found a how to on removing the regulator. I removed it and tbh it looked ok but just in case moisture was the problem I left it in a container of silica gel bags after first giving it a spray with WD40.

Today (2 days later) I've reconnected it and found it still doesn't work on either global if? or roof switch, however what I have noticed is I now have one touch close on the drivers door, I know for a fact this shouldn't be so, the CC's only have one touch open! The switch other than that works as it should press down and it goes down, press up and it goes up. Can anyone suggest a fix for this? Or am I looking at getting the regulator repaired/replaced? If so can anyone recommend someone that does it?

Many thanks in advance

Jon

BobbyBlueBoots
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane Coupe Convertible 1.6, Hyundai Coupe 2.0

Re: Drivers door window not working correctly

Postby BobbyBlueBoots » Wed May 20, 2015 1:20 pm

Thats s bit of a strange one, you could try and source a replacement from a breakers, failing that being cict effective, see if the local auto-electrician is able to help?

Return to “Megane CC”