loud buzzing(?) noise

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

patrik28
Currently Drives:: Megane 2.0 convertible 2005

loud buzzing(?) noise

Postby patrik28 » Sun May 17, 2015 8:39 am

Hi guys I have 2.0 convertible 2005 and recently it started making strange loud buzzing noise when I'm drivinge above 40mph. It sounds like something is rubbing against somethin. I'm sure its not engine as its still there even when its in neutral. It also seems to get louder when I turn right and it stops when i turn left. I looked at wheels and tires but i can't see anything wrong with them. Anyone has some ideas what could it be?
Thank you

BobbyBlueBoots
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane Coupe Convertible 1.6, Hyundai Coupe 2.0

Re: loud buzzing(?) noise

Postby BobbyBlueBoots » Sun May 17, 2015 5:34 pm

Wow this could be almost anything, from a stone stuck in the tyre, a faulty fan switch to something loose. Start with the basics, is it speed related rather than engine? well get a passenger to stick their head out of the window and see what they can hear. From your description it may well be something like a CV joint or rubber boot damaged, or faulty PAS. you don't mention any strange feel in the brake action, so that leaves steering.... of course in a car noises can travel that's why I suggested a friend who can concentrate on the noise and not have to drive and avoid stray dogs!!

patrik28
Currently Drives:: Megane 2.0 convertible 2005

Re: loud buzzing(?) noise

Postby patrik28 » Sun May 17, 2015 7:50 pm

Yea I'm sure its not engine breaking and steering are fine just like it was before. Yea ill try that because until today I thought it was coming from front wheels but today Ive put my roof down and it sounded like it was coming from back. I think ill go to service with it i don't want it to mess something up even more :-P

Return to “Megane CC”