ELECTRICAL FAULT

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

ziik
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: BMW X5 3LTR D
MEGANE CC 2007

ELECTRICAL FAULT

Postby ziik » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:40 am

Hi peeps,

Anyone help friends car meg cc 1.6 16v auto needs auto electrician she has already spent stupid money on diagnoses and so called work but nothing has sorted her electrical fault. Wipers only work at one speed auto lights stop working and today she rang as she put card in and car wouldn't tick over it was trying to start but didn't . She then left for half hour and went back and it started ?????

Key error doesn't come up so at the moment she thinking that's ok.

Need someone asap as she is cater for terminally ill aunt and relies a lot on her car.

Any advise welcome
Can travel anywhere within South Yorkshire

Ps all fuse box been checked no water ingress
Last edited by ziik on Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ziik
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: BMW X5 3LTR D
MEGANE CC 2007

Re: Any good Renault auto electricians In South Yorkshire

Postby ziik » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:17 pm

ELECTRICAL FAULT FIXED

Apologies as I'm not used to explaining things via description , more of a practical person ;)

I was getting really mad as my friend has spent ridiculous money on diagnostics and so called auto electricians and the problem was still not sorted. :banghead

I have been doing a lot of research and found a lot of helpful suggestions on other posts from the lovely people of these very good forums.
Anyway cut the story short ,I started from the boot and stripped it all out . I found that the boot light wire had been spliced but nothing was attached apart from dry insulation tape which was not even covering the wire.
secondly after a lot of messing about with the battery and ecu fuses , the negative terminal had a very loose connection which finally gave up and fell off.
Changed the connector with a new one crimped it and put back together .
Changed all courtesy lights to led ( was adamant she wanted them after liking mine)
Connected everything back up and voila put key in and everything working Phew :-)
Friend was over the moon and I was glad as I could now remove the phone from my ear as it felt like it had been surgically attached thanks to my friend, as she left me In charge of ringing around .

Everyone that had came out had said OPEN CIRCUIT ON UCH =UCH FAULT BASICALLY REPLACE IT.....

After everything she has had checked I would strongly advise people to visually look for split cables esp all the courtesy lights., before you part with hard earned cash.

Apologies if I have not made sense , I blame the phone radiation and friends constant nagging that has fried what was left of my brain :grin

freelanderuk
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane convertible 1.9dci 2006

Re: ELECTRICAL FAULT

Postby freelanderuk » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:51 am

Many thanks for your answer it will surely help others :D
Drive it like you stole it

My flickr

Return to “Megane CC”