Tender - > Megane CC meet 2015

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Hacksawcats
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: 05 Megan CC

Re: Tender - > Megane CC meet 2015

Postby Hacksawcats » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:31 am

Hi thinking of coming from Manchester! Could you let me know if there's any accomodation organised? (prices please) or should I just try and book BB some where?

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:17 am

HACKSAWCATS wrote:Hi thinking of coming from Manchester! Could you let me know if there's any accomodation organised? (prices please) or should I just try and book BB some where?

I haven't had a chance to look into it because of work commitments but I will ask others and see maybe it would be cheaper to book a few of you together. Brighton can be a bit dear but there are little villages near by like Lewis which should be cheaper.

I will look into it as soon as I get a chance.

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:06 am

Ok time is flying now. Its time to get serious.

Please PM me if you are serious about coming to the meet. I will forward you a paypal account where we would ask you to donate £10.00 (£5.00 get back on the day other £5.00 goes towards prizes). Last I checked we seem to be around 10. If we can get the names I can shop around and hopefully get a discount for accommodation since we would be a group.

BobbyBlueBoots
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane Coupe Convertible 1.6, Hyundai Coupe 2.0

Postby BobbyBlueBoots » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:27 pm

It would be better if we were all together, save driving and getting lost on a night out? From experience if you can arrange a party of 10, most big or bigger hotels will offer a form of discount, however there is the risk of non attendee's and no shows.... not good if you put down deposits.... and it maybe a bit late in the day to organise? But we do need to sort it very soon otherwise we will end up scattered all around the Hove and Brighton area!!

Rob :D

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:33 am

BobbyBlueBoots wrote:It would be better if we were all together, save driving and getting lost on a night out? From experience if you can arrange a party of 10, most big or bigger hotels will offer a form of discount, however there is the risk of non attendee's and no shows.... not good if you put down deposits.... and it maybe a bit late in the day to organise? But we do need to sort it very soon otherwise we will end up scattered all around the Hove and Brighton area!!

Rob :D

I agree as soon as people confirm I can make a move. Still waiting.....

BobbyBlueBoots
Learner Driver

Postby BobbyBlueBoots » Sat May 09, 2015 1:48 pm

It is now just 2 weeks until our Brighton meet, is it prudent to ask for an update?
Numbers, accommodation, initial meeting location etc.

Rob

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Sun May 10, 2015 10:37 am

I am a little baffled as there seems to be only 5 - 7 of us were as in the beginning we were more like 10 - 15. Lets leave it until "towards" the end on this coming week and if we are just 5 - 7 then a decision needs to be made whether people would still be up for it. I wouldnt mind since I am not too far from brighton but there is a chap possibly coming from manchester so wouldnt want him to make the trip for "nothing".

Ok.

If I dont hear from others during the week I will assume we are 5 - 7 and try and locate a few b and bs and see if we can get a discount.

BobbyBlueBoots
Learner Driver

Postby BobbyBlueBoots » Thu May 14, 2015 2:19 am

Yes I'm only 10 miles from Manchester so it's a fair old drive for me as well. You never get everybody who showed an interest in coming...... and that applies to everything. Work and family commitments usually get in the way...or apathy/loss of interest. I attended a car club meeting in Yorkshire and apart from the organizer, nobody from his area turned up...... bit embarrassing when somebody drove up from London!
Don't forget this is a Bank Holiday weekend so other plans will have been made....... if you get 7 to turn up I would call that a fair result! :)

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Thu May 14, 2015 8:29 am

BobbyBlueBoots wrote:Yes I'm only 10 miles from Manchester so it's a fair old drive for me as well. You never get everybody who showed an interest in coming...... and that applies to everything. Work and family commitments usually get in the way...or apathy/loss of interest. I attended a car club meeting in Yorkshire and apart from the organizer, nobody from his area turned up...... bit embarrassing when somebody drove up from London!
Don't forget this is a Bank Holiday weekend so other plans will have been made....... if you get 7 to turn up I would call that a fair result! :)

Is it? I didnt realize it is a bank holiday weekend.

1968ay
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane convertible coupe

Postby 1968ay » Thu May 14, 2015 10:54 am

It isn't a bank holiday, according to my diary the bank holiday is the week before.

BobbyBlueBoots
Learner Driver

Postby BobbyBlueBoots » Thu May 14, 2015 1:31 pm

Yes your right..... I'm going to blame the layout on my wall calender.... Monday the 25th is the Bank Holiday....whew at least it will mean the crowds have gone, by the time we arrive. :wink:

BlacPanther1980
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane CC
Nissan Qashqai

Postby BlacPanther1980 » Mon May 25, 2015 10:23 am

I would love to come but living in Sunderland its a fair old way, does anyone of any clubs in the north east area?
Live life to the max

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Tue May 26, 2015 6:24 pm

Ok, its got a little quiet. Since I haven't got enough commitment I have not been able to organize group block at a b and b or hotel. If you are still coming you can meet me at Madeira Drive, Brighton, East Sussex, BN2 1TB at around 19:30 to 20:30. It is on the same street as the big wheel except at the opposite end (by the car parking).

Amanda Jane
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane CC III
MG TF

Postby Amanda Jane » Tue May 26, 2015 8:19 pm

Well done for trying to get something organised. Unfortunately, it is too far for us to come for the evening but hope those that go have a good time.

BobbyBlueBoots
Learner Driver

Postby BobbyBlueBoots » Wed May 27, 2015 1:16 pm

I'm sorry but confirmation that we were going ahead, came to late in the day and I have now committed to something else. I'm quite disappointed as I was looking forward to seeing a group of CC's on Madeira Drive. But all the cheap hotels are now booked and my partner has said it's to late for her, to arrange for someone to look after her children for the weekend. So I would end up driving down on my own anyway. Maybe next time if we can get something more concrete sorted?? Or a Midlands/Northern Meeting?? :rock

Rob

Return to “Megane CC”