New Member seeking suggestions...

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Joss32
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9dci Privilege

New Member seeking suggestions...

Postby Joss32 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:46 pm

Hi,
Im a proud new owner of a Megane cc 1.9dci.

I've had a look through some of the progress threads on here and would love to be able to convert this into an RS replica (i think thats right, with the front and rear bumpers etc) however i cant seem to find any for sale on ebay or any local scrapyards etc.. also, I was wondering what the usual costs of these are for the full job, parts + fitting etc..

Im also thinking of making some more subtle changes such as spraying the front and rear bumper trim (the grey coloured stuff) gloss black to match the rest of the car.

Maybe spraying the alloys gloss black, tinting the front and rear lights with the 'fly eyes' film.

I previously had a suzuki swift DDis which turned out like this:

I'd like to go for the same kind of look again with almost everything black..
I also want to upgrade the headlights in some sort of way so that they give out the blue type colour but without blinding other drivers, if thats possible??

Opinions welcome on anything ive said or any suggestions also welcome :)

Joss32

Re: New Member seeking suggestions...

Postby Joss32 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:01 pm

First things I've bought for the car are
2 of halfords superbrilliance white headlight bulbs.. (bogof £29.99)
A bee sting arial as the original one looked massive sticking up in my rear view mirror
And a 'refresher' sweet air freshener :)

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Postby Stranger » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:44 pm

Nice looking motor you've got there Joss and it'd be very stealth if you take it to the level you did with your Swift 8-)
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

MatSa
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: 2008 Megane cc

Postby MatSa » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:08 am

The RS look is a good look for the cc. Front bumper you wont have any issues with fitting as long as you get the correct one. Rear bumper is harder as it is not a direct swop. Have to try find a replica bumper made from fibre glass that requires some fettling to get it to fit as it comes with no brackets etc

BobbyBlueBoots
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane Coupe Convertible 1.6, Hyundai Coupe 2.0

Postby BobbyBlueBoots » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:05 pm

I was looking at a full skirt kit on eBay earlier this week, complete front assy, side skirts and rear diffuser. Unpainted of course, but about £300 complete, which I thought was very fair. Can't remember if it was collect only or if delivery was possible, if you cant find it PM me and I will look through my eBay history.... unqshop I think..

Joss32

Postby Joss32 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:19 pm

BobbyBlueBoots wrote:I was looking at a full skirt kit on eBay earlier this week, complete front assy, side skirts and rear diffuser. Unpainted of course, but about £300 complete, which I thought was very fair. Can't remember if it was collect only or if delivery was possible, if you cant find it PM me and I will look through my eBay history.... unqshop I think..

Had a look through ebay and searched for that username but its returning no results... :banghead

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:52 am

I don't think you can improve it much, nor that it's worth it. I have both a diesel and an RS Cup - there is nothing you can do with the diesel to make it fun in comparison. It's not just about the engine. The whole suspension, brakes, gearbox, diff, steering - everything is different and built at a different factory. Why don't you just enjoy the CC, and then switch to whatever else comes to your mind?
Last edited by AlexB on Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

BobbyBlueBoots
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane Coupe Convertible 1.6, Hyundai Coupe 2.0

Postby BobbyBlueBoots » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:27 pm

Joss32 wrote:
BobbyBlueBoots wrote:I was looking at a full skirt kit on eBay earlier this week, complete front assy, side skirts and rear diffuser. Unpainted of course, but about £300 complete, which I thought was very fair. Can't remember if it was collect only or if delivery was possible, if you cant find it PM me and I will look through my eBay history.... unqshop I think..

Had a look through ebay and searched for that username but its returning no results... :banghead

Ok I have had a browse and this is the direct link to the shop (unqshop.com) and the Renault section, as you will see there are a few items here that are specific to the CC and I thoght pretty reasonable for the effect you get. Well for a black car anyway, trying to match a different colour with a spray can is very hit and miss? ...... https://unqshop.com/RENAULT.MEGANE.MK2

Return to “Megane CC”