Megane CC - Parking Sensors?

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

justincody

Megane CC - Parking Sensors?

Postby justincody » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:32 am

Hey there,

I have recently purchased a Megane CC and am looking to fit parking sensors. Just wondering what people would recommend when purchasing them such as any particular type, do they need to be wireless (want the Led display)etc? Am looking at different types on ebay but all look the same to me! Also are they difficult to fit on this type of car and anything worth me knowing with this type of thing. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

JT

petepete
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: cc

Re: Megane CC - Parking Sensors?

Postby petepete » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:57 am

never used them..

but i can tell you a camera and mirror mount display gives a picture that paints a thousand "beeps " !!!

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Postby ChrisM » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:10 pm

Parkingsensors.co.uk
Around £49 ish eazy to fit. Drilled mine into the bumper caps there is a rubber gromet on the passengers side where you can make a hole and feed cables through simple.
The cc does need them the shape of it make rear view quite difficult objects Disappear under the boot lid.

smilergrogan

Postby smilergrogan » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:52 pm

ChrisM wrote:Drilled mine into the bumper caps

I thought about that but it's a bit high and too visible for my liking. Also, it is not possible to space them evenly at that height, as the central section is too narrow to use with sensors. The factory fit sensors are positioned much lower down (photo) but, as the bumper is curved there, this necessitates an ugly plastic surround, to stop them detecting the ground. I was thinking of going for a position between the two, on the flat part of the painted bumper.

MatSa
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: 2008 Megane cc

Postby MatSa » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:16 am

Tired them didn't like them and took them out and had the bumper repaired after I made the holes

smilergrogan

Postby smilergrogan » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:35 pm

MatSa wrote:Tired them didn't like them and took them out and had the bumper repaired after I made the holes

Sounds like you were a bit too quick with the drill. You can tape up the sensors initially and get a good idea of what they are going to look like. The versions which fit from the outside of bumper are always larger and more obvious. The ones which fit from inside are much neater but more expensive and require more work. Otherwise, there's always the electromagnetic version or a backup camera. All have advantages and disadvantages.

MatSa
Passed Theory

Postby MatSa » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:52 am

the look is not what bothered me. it the fact that they didn't work hey. But going with the reverse camera and a sony double din head unit

smilergrogan

Postby smilergrogan » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:46 pm

MatSa wrote:the look is not what bothered me. it the fact that they didn't work hey. But going with the reverse camera and a sony double din head unit

Oh, I see. I've thought about the reversing camera but what I really want is a WiFi reversing camera, so I can use it with my phone. Re the double DIN unit, don't you find this is set too low in the dash to use safely?

MatSa
Passed Theory

Postby MatSa » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:09 am

I've already got the head unit from my previous car. It more to assist with seeing whats behind as you know the cc got a huge rear.lol

Return to “Megane CC”