fiddly plastic fixings

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

SilentRunning
Currently Drives:: Megane coupe cabriolet

fiddly plastic fixings

Postby SilentRunning » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:00 pm

Hi guys

This is my first post, as a newbie Renault owner; I've just bought a 2005 Megane Convertible 1.6 Dynamique for my lady wife.

True to form, one of the windows is up the creak, but I have that under control. However, I've discovered that the last ape to do anything to the car must have taken great pleasure in damaging every fastener and piece of of plastic in sight. I've replaced as much as I can, but I'm struggling to identify a part......

If you can picture the rear window seal that runs horizontally along the top of the body. At the forward end of the seal is a kind of rubber flap that extends into the trailing end of the door shut. This is retained by 4 little plastic studs, with a head diameter of maybe 6mm (?). On my car there's only one left.

I've just come from the Renault dealer, unfortunately without the car, since wifey has it. Although the guy was as helpful as he could be, he wasn't able to identify the parts in question.

Does anyone have a part number, or maybe an aftermarket source, please ?

I must add one thing. Another broken bit was the two part retaining bezel for the rear window switch, in the rear panel.
Not only was this available as a stand-alone part, it was on the shelf, and only one pound 37 !! Delighted with that :-)

Thanks

Andrew

Return to “Megane CC”