Engine warning Light, Service light and Soot Filters?

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

essexbloke
Currently Drives:: 05 Blue Megane II Coupe Convertible

Engine warning Light, Service light and Soot Filters?

Postby essexbloke » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:45 pm

Hi there,

I havnt been around a lot as it seems I don't have enough time to message in between trying to keep my CC on the road! For the record - I've never owned a car that has broken down or cost me anywhere near as much as the 05 1.9 dci cc I currently own!

We bought the car with low mileage 3yrs ago, and have spent at least £2500 in servicing and engine rebuild work so far!

The latest issue, is the engine warning light and service warning. It started when the soot filter recently came on, and then went off on its own then the engine warning and service light came on together. We had it "plugged in" which through up something to do with a valve (don't know which) which the mechanic was apparently able clean through with some kind of "soot filter solution". The car came back without lights. A week later and all the lights came back on. It's been back again and was plugged in this time reading a similar issue (but not exactly the same).

The mechanic then reset the lights, and told us it isn't serious, but is investigating the route cause to fix it properly. A few days later all the lights are back on again. This is getting seriously frustrating.

Any ideas? Sorry I'm a bit vague with some of the detail - this is 2nd hand info from my wife! Do we think the car is ok to keep on using? Alternatively - Do I need to torch the French pile of cr*p sitting on my drive and buy something that doesn't cost as much to keep running?

(Ok - so maybe a little fed up with it going wrong all the time). ;)

Thanks,

Return to “Megane CC”