Time to say bye bye.!

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Re: Time to say bye bye.!

Postby Stranger » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:34 pm

JackieD wrote:My Yaris is a 1.3 so the RFL is £140..but that's £120 less than the Megane.!..and according to the mpg read-out I did 52.9 to the gallon yesterday. :shock: ...even allowing for the inaccuracies of these things that's still a big improvement on my 2 litre Megane (as indeed it should be).
The other big advantage is that the "service" parts are so much cheaper than my Megane..discs/pad/tyres etc..last year I had to put 4 new tyres on the 17" low profile wheels of the Megane...and the bill was just short of £500.!

Jackie

Aye, the 1.33 ones I have saved are £105 RFL, I need an auto which doesn't help. My current car is £125 so slightly better and I've come across a diesel Auris which is £105 too and they're an ideal size. Also, I've been looking at RAV4's and they're coming in at £280 RFL but I have the benefit of 4WD with that which is useful both for where we live and for my job. I've always appreciated Toyota reliability and their preparedness to announce and carry out recall work so, provided I can find the right car (I'm super choosy) at the right price that's the direction I'll be going in. I've been a member over on TOC and R4OC for some time now, great, knowledgeable members on R4OC more so that TOC.
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

JackieD
Currently Drives:: Megane 2 litre Coupe Cabriolet

Re: Time to say bye bye.!

Postby JackieD » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:31 am

You are right to be choosy.!!...and I hope you find the car that suits your needs.
The Rav4 is nice.!..but I don't think you can go far wrong with a Toyota..whatever the model.

Jackie

Return to “Megane CC”