Time to say bye bye.!

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

JackieD
Currently Drives:: Megane 2 litre Coupe Cabriolet

Time to say bye bye.!

Postby JackieD » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:12 am

After 7 years of wonderful ownership I decided it was time to let my CC go.!
It's been a great car tbh..and apart from a window/electrical gremlin (no surprise there.!) when I first got her, she hasn't put a foot wrong.
Just the usual servicing and parts....Hasn't even had a new coil pack in all the time I've had her.!!..which my hubby says is a miracle.!

But over this very wet Winter I've noticed a minor leak develop on a front drivers corner where the roof closes..probably a seal playing up.
It's due a major service, cam belt, water pump, rear discs and pads this year so I've decided not to "push my luck" and let her go. :(

I pick up a new Toyota Yaris this week ...which goes surprisingly well for a 1.3...feels solid.!...but it's half the road tax, lower insurance and more MPG compared to my 2 litre CC.

I hope it gives me the same reliable service as my CC has over the years.

I wish you all the best with your CC's...and if we get another good Summer I'll no doubt wonder why the roof doesn't go down on the Yaris.! :?

Jackie.

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Re: Time to say bye bye.!

Postby Stranger » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:00 am

All the very best Jackie, don't feel that you have to go though, you're more than welcome to stick around and let us know how the Toyota goes, I must say I harbour a personal interest here as Toyota are one of the manufacturers I'm looking to change to this year as my car is due a big service at the beginning of next year.
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

JackieD

Postby JackieD » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:14 pm

Thank you...The Toyota suits my needs and I didn't want to go down to a "city" car of 1 litre...tried one..didn't much like it.
The Yaris, although not that much bigger, is frankly in a different class.
My CC is the Privilege model so quite well equipped with full leather etc but I have to say the Yaris is VERY comfortable with really good seats.

Jackie.

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:21 pm

"The car in front is a Toyota" :banghead :banghead :banghead _@v
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

Stranger
Site Admin

Postby Stranger » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:01 am

JackieD wrote:Thank you...The Toyota suits my needs and I didn't want to go down to a "city" car of 1 litre...tried one..didn't much like it.
The Yaris, although not that much bigger, is frankly in a different class.
My CC is the Privilege model so quite well equipped with full leather etc but I have to say the Yaris is VERY comfortable with really good seats.

Jackie.

I've a Yaris in my 'garage' on Auto Trader along with a Subaru and a couple of Honda's, I just need to make a decision,well, what I really need to do is go and look at and test drive them before making a decision :lol:

I fully agree about the 'city car' they're just a step too far for me at the moment.

JackieD

Postby JackieD » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:36 am

Yes, you have to drive them surely....and pick the one that most suits your needs.
It's a difficult combination of head and heart isn't it.?...but I always think you "know" which is the car for you.

Good luck ..and I hope you find the right car for you.!

Jackie

JackieD

Postby JackieD » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:33 pm

Well, that's it...she's gone.!!...I've now been a Toyota-ist for 24 hours now. :-)

....after 7 years driving the same car there are a few things that I need to get sued to, but overall I'm delighted with my new Yaris.
I thought I might have :cry moment but somehow it seemed the right time to change.

Take care y'all.!

Jackie

Stranger
Site Admin

Postby Stranger » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:24 pm

JackieD wrote:Well, that's it...she's gone.!!...I've now been a Toyota-ist for 24 hours now. :-)

....after 7 years driving the same car there are a few things that I need to get sued to, but overall I'm delighted with my new Yaris.
I thought I might have :cry moment but somehow it seemed the right time to change.

Take care y'all.!

Jackie

You too, good luck with the Toybota and don't be a stranger ........ oh hang on, I mean ....... errrr, you know what I mean ;)

JackieD

Postby JackieD » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:14 am

LOL...Thanks.
Have to say that choosing the Yaris over the city car models has been THE best decision...and I've still reduced my road tax, insurance and fuel costs significantly....I love it already.
It goes so well...like a Jack Rusell terrier..always wanting to "go." ...driving it makes me smile.!! :-)

Jackie

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:28 pm

A smile :-) is what truly matters, and I am being dead serious this time! I am happy for you, Jackie!
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

JackieD

Postby JackieD » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:59 am

Thank you, Alex.
It even makes my Hubby smile...and he drives a 4x4.! :roll:

Jackie

Stranger
Site Admin

Postby Stranger » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:12 am

Good to hear that you're enjoying it Jackie, if hubby likes it too that's a bonus but beware, I have a habit of knicking my wife's Ka 'cos I like taking it for a spin so much :lol:

RFL is a major thing these days, I now only do about 5k miles a year, I've always fancied a Hilux or other pickup but I'm not paying £500 RFL, that's nearly a tenner a week :shock: £30 a year and mid to high 40s mpg for a Yaris or a DS4 and some others is becoming more and more tempting with each passing day.

Snowgirl
Learner Driver

Postby Snowgirl » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:44 am

Last edited by Snowgirl on Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

JackieD

Postby JackieD » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:36 am

Hi Stranger.!
Don't worry...I won't let him near it unless it wants cleaning. :roll:

My Yaris is a 1.3 so the RFL is £140..but that's £120 less than the Megane.!..and according to the mpg read-out I did 52.9 to the gallon yesterday. :shock: ...even allowing for the inaccuracies of these things that's still a big improvement on my 2 litre Megane (as indeed it should be).
The other big advantage is that the "service" parts are so much cheaper than my Megane..discs/pad/tyres etc..last year I had to put 4 new tyres on the 17" low profile wheels of the Megane...and the bill was just short of £500.!

Hubby has a Nissan 2.5 petrol auto XTrail...and pays £280 p.a. for his RFL..though I think that would be nearer £500 for a later model.

Jackie

JackieD

Postby JackieD » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:41 am

Hi snowgirl,
Yes...my hubby used to be in the motor trade and rates Toyota quite highly. (he was the one who suggested I looked at the Yaris..bless him)

I loved my CC....and it behaved itself very well over the 7 years I had it...but the roof had started to develop a leak so it was just another "hint" that it might be time to let her go.
The windows and roof leaks are legend on the Megane of course.!...hope you get yours sorted.!

Jackie

Return to “Megane CC”