Anyone Else OCD about parking there Megane?

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Snowgirl
Learner Driver

Anyone Else OCD about parking there Megane?

Postby Snowgirl » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:47 pm

Is it just me or are other Megane CC owners also really careful where they leave there car. I'm really lucky in that I don't have any door dings in my car (the only 1 it did have I had removed with week I brought it!)

I hate leaving it in supermarket/retail carparks ect. I will always park at the very back in an end space if possible, and Will park right to the edge of an end space to leave lots of room on the other side. Always avoid parking next to people carriers or cars with baby seats in or cars that don't look looked after. Also park right out of the way at work. My hubby is that same with his Celica

It's shocking how many megane cc's you see that have loads of tiny dings down the side. Also as there is no rubber strips on the ccs there is no protection what so ever!

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Re: Anyone Else OCD about parking there Megane?

Postby Stranger » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:52 pm

Don't have a cc but I know what you mean. I, like you park away from other people, if possible in corner space however, 95% of the time when I come back to my car there's someone parked at the side of me even if the rest of the parking area is largely empty.
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

morganjake1544
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Clio 1.5dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom 3 door in Oyster Grey Metallic

Postby morganjake1544 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:19 pm

Ditto.
95% of the time when I come back to my car there's someone parked at the side of me even if the rest of the parking area is largely empty

If there are plenty of spaces on the car park I now park over the white dividing lines and take up two spaces giving no one the chance to park next to me.

:cool:
Clio 1.5 dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom in Oyster Grey + Twingo GT in Pearl Black on a '58'.

JamesCC

Postby JamesCC » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:49 am

Snowgirl wrote:Is it just me or are other Megane CC owners also really careful where they leave there car. I'm really lucky in that I don't have any door dings in my car (the only 1 it did have I had removed with week I brought it!)

I hate leaving it in supermarket/retail carparks ect. I will always park at the very back in an end space if possible, and Will park right to the edge of an end space to leave lots of room on the other side. Always avoid parking next to people carriers or cars with baby seats in or cars that don't look looked after. Also park right out of the way at work. My hubby is that same with his Celica

It's shocking how many megane cc's you see that have loads of tiny dings down the side. Also as there is no rubber strips on the ccs there is no protection what so ever!

This is exactly what I do! I park next to newer cars, park right at the end and as close the the edge as possible. It started due to the doors being really wide to get out of but ever since I noticed its first ding on it my OCD parkings got 10x worse haha..

Don't know if you've heard of it but at the Trafford shopping centre there are wider spaces around the outside and I point blank refuse to park anywhere else.. I will go round every side untill I find one.

Also as the back is quite high when reversing into a parking bay if I get out and find the rear is over the curb just a bit ill move it forward.. This was ever since I saw some kid run into a car that was parked over the curb

morganjake1544 wrote:If there are plenty of spaces on the car park I now park over the white dividing lines and take up two spaces giving no one the chance to park next to me.
:cool:

The amount of times I've wanted to park my car in the dashboard of them vehicles! :grin But no seriously careful someone doesn't do something out of spite .. It's a terrible place car parks!

On a side note American parking bays are amazing.. They are all diagonal, you just pull in so easily and they're wider for all the SUVs (and large folks? :hm )

morganjake1544
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Clio 1.5dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom 3 door in Oyster Grey Metallic

Postby morganjake1544 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:23 pm

If there are plenty of spaces on the car park I now park over the white dividing lines and take up two spaces

I'm not antisocial or an idiot.
Clio 1.5 dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom in Oyster Grey + Twingo GT in Pearl Black on a '58'.

JackieD
Currently Drives:: Megane 2 litre Coupe Cabriolet

Postby JackieD » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:29 pm

HATE supermarket/retail park car parks..!!...I have a couple of "dings" courtesy of some careless idiots who plainly don't give a stuff about damaging someone's car...Grrr.!

I park as far out of the way as I can...but even when I park where NO-ONE else has parked..and there are several spaces available...when I come out of the supermarket you can guarantee that someone has parked RIGHT next to me..!!1...is it some sort of herding instinct.???

Snowgirl
Learner Driver

Postby Snowgirl » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:23 pm

morganjake1544 wrote:
If there are plenty of spaces on the car park I now park over the white dividing lines and take up two spaces

I'm not antisocial or an idiot.

I won't park over 2 spaces as I worry my car will get vandalized! At my work (retail park carpark) there are corner spaces which have these huge wedges next to them, so I always park there. I have been known to drive out of a car park and park elsewhere if there's nowhere decent to park!

sparky46
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane CC 2ltr Dynamique Auto

Postby sparky46 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:29 pm

It doesn't matter where you park the meganes seem to have a magnet fitted to them. I can park in an empty car park and when I come back, there is usually a car parked at the side of me so I have to squeeze in because of the long doors. Been lucky so far. The only dent in it was from an icicle that fell off the roof of the house 2 years ago. :( Stick to end spaces where you can.

Andyben

Postby Andyben » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:28 pm

No matter how or where or when I park my cc there WILL be a builders van parked next to it on return :banghead

Return to “Megane CC”