Boot wont lock !

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

JEFFCAR
Currently Drives:: Megane cabriolet

Boot wont lock !

Postby JEFFCAR » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:53 pm

ok only had the car one day now the boot wont lock i have tried both key cards nothing at all , no click or any noise at all , i need to lock the car for the night help please !!!!

morganjake1544
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Clio 1.5dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom 3 door in Oyster Grey Metallic

Re: Boot wont lock !

Postby morganjake1544 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:15 pm

Do the doors lock ok?
If so you can rule out the keycard.

Does the rubber button on boot open the boot? and does the catch work when you shut the lid?
If so the catch mechanism must be ok.

Is there anything stuck/caught in the lock?

If you look at the catch on the lid I think there's a small white plastic lever showing through a curved hole in the metal of the catch, using something pointy try moving plastic lever to side.

Failing all else at 8pm empty boot for the night. I don't think access to the car can be gained through the boot of the CC.

That's all I've got. :(

Good luck.

:)
Clio 1.5 dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom in Oyster Grey + Twingo GT in Pearl Black on a '58'.

JEFFCAR

Postby JEFFCAR » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:41 pm

None of the doors are locking i can here the the movements but nothing is locking

jak01
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.6 CC Vectra 1.9 cdti (Company car) MGB

Postby jak01 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:31 pm

When you say you can hear it locking does it sound like it locks the unlocks straight away? If so, when you are in the car with all the doors shut does the dash say a door is open?

John
Ford Mondeo, 1.6 vvt CC Privelege, 1973 MGB

JEFFCAR

Postby JEFFCAR » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:35 pm

yes the dash says the doors are open i have checked the central locking fuse and its ok

jak01
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.6 CC Vectra 1.9 cdti (Company car) MGB

Postby jak01 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:55 pm

OK, this is the fault I had - it is the switch in one of the door locks that has failed-the ecu thinks the door is n't shut so it won't lock.

I suspect it will be the drivers door, if you are careful you can prove which door it is by disconnecting the big connector from the door to the A post. Be care if you do this not to close the door though-you WILL smash the connector! If when you do this you can lock the doors you know which door it is. You can now reconnect the door to A post connector.

Remove the lower door card and disconnect the wiring to the lock mechanism as a temporary fix and you will have to disconnect the cable from the exterior door handle because once you disconnect the wiring plug the central locking will no longer work on that door. Once you have done that you will be able to lock the car. Beware if you open the faulty door once it as locked automatically DO NOT leave the key card in the car and close the door or you will have locked yourself out of the car - been there, done that! :banghead :oops:

You will need a replacement door lock, I got one secondhand off ebay.

John
Ford Mondeo, 1.6 vvt CC Privelege, 1973 MGB

Return to “Megane CC”