Egr placement on Megane 1.6vvt 05 plate

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

bobotheclown
Currently Drives:: megane cc 05 plate

Egr placement on Megane 1.6vvt 05 plate

Postby bobotheclown » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:40 pm

Can anyone point me in the right direction for the exhaust resirculation valve on a Megane cc 1.6vvt 05 plate please.
I have looked all over the forums and can't seem to find one that applies to this engine.

Thakns in advance

dcikev
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: 1.6vvt coupe, 1.9dci scenic

Re: Egr placement on Megane 1.6vvt 05 plate

Postby dcikev » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:50 pm

The 1.6vvt engine is petrol and won't have an egr valve which is only found on diesels!

bobotheclown
Currently Drives:: megane cc 05 plate

Postby bobotheclown » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:15 pm

Lol thats why I can't find it then.
Any ideas on this then.... The car runs fine and then all of a sudden it keeps cutting out and won't run for more than a few seconds, (stalled on me 12 times in half a mile) the following day it was fine again and has been for a week until yesterday when it started to do the same again.
When it does this some dark smoke appears out of the exhaust for a short period of time and it runs like a bag of nails.
Have had it on diagnostic at local independent and it just says contact main dealer !
Obviously would rather fix it myself or get an independent to do it so any help is very much appreciated.

On a side note just before this problem started to occur a noise started to come from by the alternator belt as if it was slipping but this stopped after a short period of time.It was only a few days after noticing this noise that the problem started.

Regards

davelowe
Driving Legend

Postby davelowe » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:01 pm

Bob,

1.6 petrols, running like a bag of spanners leads me to 'dephaser'. It is to do with the variable valve timing and frequently fails. You might want to search this site for similar problems.

I'm now a diesel fanatic, but hopefully someone can answer more fully.
Silver 08 plate 5dr 1.5dci Dynamique 106 Tech Run (re-mapped)

Red 03 plate 5dr 1.9 Dynamique dci120

Best advice for Megane owners: sell it before it bankrupts you!

jak01
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.6 CC Vectra 1.9 cdti (Company car) MGB

Postby jak01 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:06 am

First thing that comes to mind is throttle body. Lots of smoke if black would indicate a very rich mixture. Certainly sounds like it could be a sensor or maybe even the injectors.

When the dephaser starts to fail it sounds more like a fault with the starter motor, a metallic clicking noise, and on mine it would only do it first thing in a morning, although the car ran fine,. Mine was changed whilst the car was still under warranty.

If the garage you took it to check the diagnostics it should have indicated the where the fault was detected, I suspect the garage did n't have the equipment/knowledge to deal with this and simply passed you on to the dealer. Try another garage.

Very difficult to diagnose remotely. You really need to know what the fault code is, otherwise you could waste loads of money on guesswork.

John
Ford Mondeo, 1.6 vvt CC Privelege, 1973 MGB

Return to “Megane CC”