Megane CC - Crack!! What happened?

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

starspud
Currently Drives:: Laguna 2, soon to be Megane CC

Megane CC - Crack!! What happened?

Postby starspud » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:30 am

Hi guys, i've just collected my 2004 Megane CC last night - not perfect but was quite cheap.
There are a few 'observations' that i've already made (not least i've just had to pay £20 to renault for the radio code coz the dealer was an idiot doh)

I've just tried to proudly show a friend how the roof goes down.I'm sure i did everything correctly. The windows went down - but the drivers side window stayed up for some reason - is this right?
Roof down, loads of admiring i started to raise it on the button - it got about halfway up and i heard cracking sounds and the roof seems stuck. I let go of the button, looked back and saw that the parcel shelf at the back was still pointing upwards (though the 'wings' at the side had folded in). I'm a bit confused how this happened, i pressed the button to open it back out again, and repeated the process and this time it closed ok..

I'm a little confused - why didn't the parcel shelf go down? I thought this could have caused serious damage - it certainly scared the hell out of me.

Any advice greatly received ... I'm a newbie so please excuse if this has already been covered - i've searched and cant find anything.

Barry

peter h
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.6 VVT Dynamique Auto

Re: Megane CC - Crack!! What happened?

Postby peter h » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:40 pm

welcome to the life of owning a renault megane :P

they do the wierdest things

starspud
Currently Drives:: Laguna 2, soon to be Megane CC

Postby starspud » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:53 pm

No ideas then? :?

jak01
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.6 CC Vectra 1.9 cdti (Company car) MGB

Postby jak01 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:06 pm

Drivers window, probably the regulator assembly - £300 at dealers.

Noise could be the cables that operate the parcel shelf mechanism.

John
Ford Mondeo, 1.6 vvt CC Privelege, 1973 MGB

Surfhunny
Currently Drives:: Megane Coupe Cabriolet

Postby Surfhunny » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:52 pm

The parcel shelf is the last part to slot into place it stays upright until the last minute. Mind this is from memory because both my back window regulators need replacing so I haven't had the roof down in a while.

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Postby ChrisM » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:30 pm

Keep an eye on the rear panel they miss the roof by a fraction as for the crack that could have been the regulator cable breaking on the "stuck" window, mine did this once and it sounded like some one had shot at the glass with a pellet gun it was a hell of a crack, usually though with the rear parcel shelf one it gets stuck in the upright postion is does it all the time and after a substantial crack I would have thought it was knackerd and not will to play a 2nd time, but yours sems to have so it makes be swing away from this shelf, as said it does wait a while before droping and it does JUST and I mean JUST miss that rising roof and falling as well, I would watch it for a while but I think you may be looking at a complete rear regulator for the window, I would gues it would make or has made at the time some horrible chewing sounds as well as ir winds in the broken cable until it jams, if it has done tihs your window will be liable to be pushed down so car is not secure, see link here for repair
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=10467
I used a 2nd hand regulator frm scrap yard cost me around £40 for the first one but I see mto have a cable eating issue going on as it has eaten 2 now, I have a reg in my Garage off a 2007 car bought for £85 I think but at present I just bolted my window up inside rear panel and pulled out the lifting cables. if it has wound cable then be careful as it may start blowing window fuses as it will be jamed and wont turn.
As for the parcel shelf I am sure there is a "fix" on here for it as it seems to be yet another "regular" CC fault.
Good Hunting! :)

Return to “Megane CC”