Changing bulbs

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Surfhunny
Currently Drives:: Megane Coupe Cabriolet

Changing bulbs

Postby Surfhunny » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:07 pm

Has anyone got an easy way of changing the bulbs in the front lights? My poor Dad had to take my front bumper off recently just to change an idicator bulb. He changed all the bulbs to avoid a repeat, but I was thinking it must be easier than that. I tried to change the bulb myself by using the access hole in the wheel arch but my hands (smallish girl hands) were still to big to get access to the back of the light housing.

Boomstyliemikey
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 1.9 130 , remapped, DPF removed, Panel filter, double din

Re: Changing bulbs

Postby Boomstyliemikey » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:08 pm

Have you tried removing the wheel arch covers? Gives a lot more room to manoeuvre you arm round but the indicator bulbs are still very hard to do! The wheel arch cover is held in place with a couple of screws and push studs
1.9 dci dynamique, originally 130bhp. Remapped, DPF removed, Pipercross panel filter.viewtopic.php?f=13&t=17209

wildboar
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane CC 1.9Dci

Re: Changing bulbs

Postby wildboar » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:07 pm

I've tried a couple of ways on mine:
When the O/S bulb went I removed the wheel and reached up through the access hole in the arch. I've got big blokey hands but I managed to get the job done in about an hour and a quarter (of which about 20 minutes was re-fitting the bulb retaining clip because I managed to knock it off).

When the N/S bulb went I took the car to my local Halfords in Redhill where the chap took 15 minutes and charged £9.99.

No contest really.

Return to “Megane CC”