Wheres my temperature read out gone :(

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

sputniknick
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: alfa 147, megane cc 1.9

Wheres my temperature read out gone :(

Postby sputniknick » Wed May 18, 2011 7:03 pm

So I got in the car tonight and notice the dash display only reads Renault and the time, where has my temperature gone?

sputniknick
Learner Driver

Re: Wheres my temperature read out gone :(

Postby sputniknick » Wed May 18, 2011 9:59 pm

FFS now my clock display panel won't turn off when I lock the car :@ this best not drain my battery!!!!!!!!

sputniknick
Learner Driver

Postby sputniknick » Thu May 19, 2011 8:40 pm

Okay, so I disconnected the battery and reconnected and it's working again now :)

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Postby ChrisM » Fri May 20, 2011 8:46 am

Must say mine has never read Renault, when radio is off it displays time and temp, radio on it displays time , temp, station and sat nav symbol, never had Renault on it.
Had display go awol so had to buy a new one but all it did was display broken words numbers and jumped a little on the sat nav sysmbol, eventually it just never came on, then it decided it was going to come on but I got an oblong orange box, had a look and it turns out the ribbon cable that powers it is only stuck on, so when the dash heats up in the summer the "glue" must have become tacky and the contacts moved, tried re seating it but made it worse, it kind of flashed at me all the time with strange funky light patterns, kind of cool really but no use what so ever for telling time or what station/cd/track you are on...... :)

sputniknick
Learner Driver

Postby sputniknick » Fri May 20, 2011 10:16 am

haha, the reason mine reads renault though is because I've changed the ICE and used the Connect 2 stalk adapter, it doesn't display names of tracks or radio stations (I think it's only the sony one that is capable of that) so instead displays Renault in place of it, as far as i'm aware now though,it's sorted after disconnecting battery... although i am still in bed and not had a chance to look yet

willholdsworth
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: 59 plate Megane cc Dynamique s

Postby willholdsworth » Fri May 20, 2011 10:43 am

sputniknick wrote:haha, the reason mine reads renault though is because I've changed the ICE and used the Connect 2 stalk adapter, it doesn't display names of tracks or radio stations (I think it's only the sony one that is capable of that) so instead displays Renault in place of it, as far as i'm aware now though,it's sorted after disconnecting battery... although i am still in bed and not had a chance to look yet

Yeah I had the same in my RS197, would be much better if it had the track names wouldnt it.
Glad you got it sorted though
Image Owner of a 59 Plate Chipped 1.9dci CC + Inferno Orange Megane Sport 225

waxie_f

Postby waxie_f » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:42 am

sputniknick wrote:So I got in the car tonight and notice the dash display only reads Renault and the time, where has my temperature gone?

I was also figuring it out when the temperature of my car was gone and I know how important it is to be there. I did the same disconnected the battery and reconnected it again.

Return to “Megane CC”