Bloody Windows!

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

sputniknick
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: alfa 147, megane cc 1.9

Bloody Windows!

Postby sputniknick » Mon May 16, 2011 6:41 pm

Okay, so since I bought my 1.9CC back in March, the rear nearside quarter light never worked with the individual switch but the center console switch and the roof switch did put that window up and down (along with all the others obviously).

I threatened the dealer with court action if they didn't cough up all the money to fix that regulator under the Sale of Goods Act as they were only offering the manufacturers 75% contribution and they backed down and offered to foot the whole repair bill which is great, I've been waiting however for the part as they said issues with Japan recently hindered part ordering.

Anyway, I get in my car today and put the roof down and noticed that all the windows were still up... weird I thought seein as the roof went into the boot okay and everything, I pressed the roof button again as that'd usually put the windows back up (after they go down for roof to go down) but nothing happened, I pressed the main window switch in the center console and again, nothing happened, so now ONLY the invidividual switches work on the drivers side door (minus the one to operate the nearside rear window), the nearside individual passenger switch still works as does the offside rear passenger switch. The roof still goes up and down okay even though all windows are still in place.

Annoying! It's all still under warranty and so I don't expect any issues with this being repaired under "warranty" or otherwise (Sale of Goods Act) but now it seems that something has caused the "all windows up and down" feature to stop working...

willholdsworth
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: 59 plate Megane cc Dynamique s

Re: Bloody Windows!

Postby willholdsworth » Tue May 17, 2011 8:54 am

Wow sounds like your having some right issues with it!!

What Reg is it ?
Image Owner of a 59 Plate Chipped 1.9dci CC + Inferno Orange Megane Sport 225

sputniknick
Learner Driver

Postby sputniknick » Tue May 17, 2011 11:46 am

04, I think something must have killed off the feature to control the windows all at once

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Postby ChrisM » Tue May 17, 2011 2:27 pm

At a guess I would say it has got wet, quite possibly the same rear reg as that seems to have been the start of the window problem, so as said it could well be this reg that has stopped the rest now working, no idea how these windows operate to be honest, and no one on here has come forward either, so I guess we don't have a Renault tec on here.
I seem to think they run on seperate systems, like yours did and many others on here you have problems with the door switches yet the center consul "roof" switch works ok, my guess is they operate from the doors on the window system and from the center consul from the roof system, which I tihnk is why we all get the same problem one switch works the other does not, I know the regulators are the 6 wire "comfort" regs, (what ever that means) and have a kind of ECU on top of them, the only place these two systems touch as far as I can see (well Guess) is the regs, so if you already have one not palying then it must stand to reason the same reg has taken down the roof window system now as well, we have had piles of rain down here latley really quite hefty down pours, have you? if so this could be your reason, maybe chase a seal change on that rear window as well if possible, becasue if that is the problem you can guarantee it will happen again typically when it is out of warranty....
I could well be wrong but it may be worth a look at.

sputniknick
Learner Driver

Postby sputniknick » Tue May 17, 2011 5:07 pm

Many thanks for your views on this!

Indeed we have had the heavy rain also and I think the center console switch and roof switch has stopped operating the windows as a result of this.

It is just weird that the individual switches still work for 3/4 windows (with one of them having not worked from the individual switch since I got it but worked through the center switch and roof).

Renault said we could be in for a long wait as the factory that built these in Japan was affected by their disasters the last month :(

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Postby ChrisM » Wed May 18, 2011 9:32 am

Careful with the Japan excuse, could be relevent, but we are Suzuki, Honda and Mitsu Dealers; parts where a problem for a while but all has returned to almost normal now at most we get a 3 day wait on some items, Cars seem to be the big issue with these Companies at present for us more than parts.
Just make sure they are not slowing you down or just being akward, like some dealers/garages can be.

sputniknick
Learner Driver

Postby sputniknick » Wed May 18, 2011 9:21 pm

Car booked in for a months time :(

I was driving home earlier and just randomly pressed the "all buttons down center switch" and the windows responded again (including the rear nearside one), I brought it down about two inches and then let go and tried to put the windows back up again but that switch didn't work so I had to use the individual switches to put them back up, the center switch has since stopping working for me again lol, it was just a shimmer of light

sputniknick
Learner Driver

Postby sputniknick » Fri May 20, 2011 11:02 pm

And now it seems it's all working fine again (except for the individual switch that doesn't operate the nearside quarter light) but the roof switch and center console switch brings all windows up and down again, I know it'll be something to do with the rain etc and it's booked in next month to get looked at and fixed but it's just damn annoying.

Surfhunny
Currently Drives:: Megane Coupe Cabriolet

Postby Surfhunny » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:45 pm

How did you get on with your windows? My back two have died completely and I darent put the roof down now :( I used to when it was only the one window that didn't work but now both have packed in I'm terrifed of breaking the windows when the roof cluncks down on them. No convertible in the nice weather is upsetting :( I had the passenger side one fixed twice and it's gone again, I've given up and had them disconnected now, can't keep up with the cost of replacing regulators.

sputniknick
Learner Driver

Postby sputniknick » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:51 pm

Even though I've had the window problem for all this time, it only was taken into the Renault dealer in Sheffield this Monday so I'm just awaiting them to sort out regulators under Sale of Goods Act (even though it was under warranty, they refused to cover all costs and wanted 25% contribution off me until we threatened to take them to court) but anyway, they backed down, I'll have more information over the coming days.

The roof can still go up and down even if the rear windows are stuck in the up position, even when it rained heavily, the master window ecu would cock up and none of the windows would go down but the roof still went up and down without any window movement. Then over the days when it dried up, the windows would start to work again.

But yeah, I'll have more info when I hear back from them.

Surfhunny

Postby Surfhunny » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:00 pm

Hmmm I might have to have a little trip to Renault and get them to do it!! I figured my car (54 Reg) was too old for them to do it with any discount, I'd be happy to contribute the 25% its better than the £600 I've already spent on regs. My roof still works, I'm just too chicken in case the glass smashes when the roof closes onto the windows. I'll keep checking in for your up date.

sputniknick
Learner Driver

Postby sputniknick » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:06 pm

Your 54 is fine for the 7 year contribution scheme (though I think it should be longer). People in Ireland don't even need to pay the contribution, they just get them replaced for free :/

Surfhunny

Postby Surfhunny » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:10 pm

Thank you so much, glad I logged on tonight, a couple of problems solved. One costly and this one not so much. :D

sputniknick
Learner Driver

Postby sputniknick » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:14 pm

No probs! And my roofs gone up and down with ALL windows in place (up), I'm not certain but I think it's to preserve the seals more than anything.

Surfhunny

Postby Surfhunny » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:22 pm

Yay, you've made my day!!! You watch, there'll be no more nice weather now. 8) I'm actually at the point with my car where I don't really care what else breaks, soon my car will be completely new because every part has been replaced :lol:

Return to “Megane CC”