Megane cc RS .... finally complete

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

wanda
F1 Driver

Re: Megane cc RS .... the begining

Postby wanda » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:38 pm

ChrisM wrote:You would have thought something that would cost Renault virtually no penies at all to change they would have thought about doing this at factory level as it look superb now all bumpers are done I have always thought the CC looked at "old manish" in its looks and to me it is deffinatly to do with those awful bumpers they put on especially with the grey horrid caps they used on the phase 1, I painted mine and it looks a little better but well yours!!! words fail me, the very best I can do is WOW!
It is so differant now with just a bumper change, it looks really quite aggresive now I am so impressed!
Expensive no doubt! wheels look good as well.
I think the tail pipes would have been around £150 If I remember right I spotted them on a body kit website last year and thought OOooo nice they also did a kit to conect them up to your own system but they didn't show the kit or give a price , I think the bumpers where around £237 each but I was not to keen on the front one as it had the sticky out fog lamps if you know what I mean they just make me think of, thers the front bumper, Fog Lights? Owps I know wack some fiberglass on the side, mould it into the cup shape and bingo fog lamp holder, so I reckon around a grand for the bumpers , painted and exhaust, Close?
Not bad really concidering what the car now looks like is it..... much more sporty indeed. :D :D
Nice one! to be proud of! bit of a head turner as they say.

I must agree the grey bumper thing always made me feel like " if only I studied harder ". It brakes the colour of the car in a bad way. Looking back at the pictures of the car in the begining it does look really different.

I bought the rear bumper from https://www.tuningshop.co.uk/acatalog/Re ... __Kit.html

The front bumper was a straight swap. Fog lights fitted without any problems.

About the cost if you really want to know .... quite a sensitive subject. (Still dodging the Mrs. about that :wink: ). Just joking. The front and rear cost me roughly £600.00 each for fitting painting and parts, so yes a bit more than a grand. Luckily I am going to keep it for a long time therefore re sale value doesn't really bother me. Actually does make me wonder if my car is now worth more than the book value.

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

Postby joeishmather » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:40 am

I can't imagine there's another like it!! I imagine you'd get alot of interest in it and sell it for the top end of what it's worth, rather than very little interest and selling it at the lower..

I wouldn't sell it tholike you said, you've done it to enjoy, you can't ever really increase value of modern cars

Anyhow it does look fantastic, now I've seen what can be done wish I'd got one instead of my normal megane..lol

meganegrey
Currently Drives:: Megane cc 1.9dci

Postby meganegrey » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:44 pm

Hi
New to the forum just wondering how did you do the rear exhaust as the bootwell is plastic on the cc and sits very low im trying to put the GT diffuser on my cc but doing the rear exhaust is being a bit of a pig to do any info welcome

Cheers Rich

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Postby ChrisM » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:47 pm

Yes, I have been trying to figure them out as well not so much how but where from and how much? I have done a lot of web searching but to no avail with these rear pipes, not wanting to burst your bubble but are they fake or working, I did track a company down in Belgium that sold thier CC 255 bits to a Company in Germany called Elia tuning (around 2008) but can't find em on the web now all I seem to keep coming up with is normal 255 tail pipes which are no good for our use, need to be a specifically made adjustment for the CC just like the rear 255 bumper.
Just over a grand is not bad at all, for what you got. looks good as said, VERY good in fact! :cool:

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:51 pm

Attemps at being Petter Parker.

Anthony
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: 2005 Renault Megane 1.5 dci 100

Postby Anthony » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:11 pm

Looks great :cool: Those wheels are very unusual! What are they?
2005 1.5dci 100 Sport Hatch -Gone!

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:25 am

Anthony wrote:Looks great :cool: Those wheels are very unusual! What are they?

They "where" called Tritech. The company went bust :cry .

They are chrome 17", three spoke alloys, sort of shows my age :oops:

Anthony
Rally Driver

Postby Anthony » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:40 am

Very different, but I think they work :-)

They look like the kind of wheel you would find on a mid-nineties Mustang or something similar

peter h
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.6 VVT Dynamique Auto

Postby peter h » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:57 pm

love the look of the car, but in my opinion those alloys, are ruining it.... but personal preference i suppose.

Nice set of 19's would set that off SWEET!! .... more spokes needed.

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

Postby joeishmather » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:48 pm

Either of these would look epic
Both by rodas and both 20"

joeishmather
F1 Driver

Postby joeishmather » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:53 pm

This could be classed as overdoing it:
22" rodas.. Very nice!!!

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:39 pm

:lol: Thats too big.

I think three spoke on the move spins really "hypnotically".

Ok why dont you suggest some 18" chrome ones? 4 stud would be nice but then people will think I stole it from a mini. 5 seems a bit common.... but am willing to consider.

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:45 pm

Maybe this

joeishmather
F1 Driver

Postby joeishmather » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:59 pm

I like the 3 spoke ones.. If I was going to change from those I'd go big.. ;-) but those are nice, I have momo corse in, I think the black version with polished lip would look good on yours, n there 18" I got my silver set ex display for
£250 inc all the fittin stuff..

Anthony
Rally Driver

Postby Anthony » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:01 pm

Nooooooooo you need a set of these https://www.rimstyle.com/alloywheels/det ... _ch;dia=17

Much more your style I think ;)

Return to “Megane CC”