roof lift mechanism

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

footman
Currently Drives:: megan cc

roof lift mechanism

Postby footman » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:47 pm

Hi folks, new to the forum. Have got a 57 reg cc and have annoying problem of very sqeaky roof hinges. This only occurs when the roof is up and it constantly twitters. Have greased most of the mechanism that I can see without taking the boot trim out, but to no avail.Anybody got any ideas?Need to sort it before I resort to earmuffs!!

bucky
Learner Driver

Re: roof lift mechanism

Postby bucky » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:13 pm

Had a similar issue for 12 months which was finally sorted a month ago when I saw a different dealer, What I thought was the roof hinges squeaking was actually the plastic shelf bit at the back constantly moving about. There are 3 metal holders that it sits in at the back of the shelf, you can see them from inside the boot they are L shape but curved (sorry crap description but hope you get the idea), one is in the middle and the other 2 are just covered by the big plastic bits. These metal bits are covered in a felt material and by packing this out with some sticky foam it stops it moving around and squeaking. This was done for me by a dealer when the dealer I normally use could not find the fault. It has worked for me anyway so worth a try for you.
Hope this helps :D
megane cc 106dci 57reg quartz

synchro
Learner Driver

Postby synchro » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:09 pm

Try following the tips on this page. I solved my squeeks!

https://www.cabriault.com/meganecc/tips/ ... dex_uk.htm

460316DSG1
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: RENAULT MEGANE CC REG 2007 MK 2 1.9 DCI

Postby 460316DSG1 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:03 pm

How do you get the Covers Off, I can see they are part held in place by Metal Clips! but I still cannot get them off. I am mainly trying to get the Drivers Side one off, plus I would like to take the Front one off as well to get at the Catches.

David GOVER

Return to “Megane CC”