CC Wheels & Sizes

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

essexbloke
Currently Drives:: 05 Blue Megane II Coupe Convertible

CC Wheels & Sizes

Postby essexbloke » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:53 pm

Hi all

My first post on here having just bought my first ever Renault - i took the plunge despite a few "freinds" trying to put me off!

I took delivery yesterday of a 2005 CC 1.9 (130) Privilidge model & i love it (so far).

I cant help wondering though - the standard wheels do look small in the arches - and i'm tempted to consider changing them. What size rims does anyone go to realistically before i create any issues with ride comfort or rubbing on arches etc? I dont want to go mad - just fill the arches a little more. Is there an increased "standard" rim already available? Mines got 16" rims.

Also the only other thing i'm not sure of are the black (grey?) bumper inserts - My car is a light metallic blue (dont know the official colour) - has anyone else painted them to match? Anyone got photos so i can see the result before i decide to do it?

Huge thanks....

faffer
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Qashqai, Alfa Ph2 Spider & company Octavia

Re: CC Wheels & Sizes

Postby faffer » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:42 am

The other Renault standard rim for this car is 17" usually Nervasport (eg eBay 120623900319). No doubt there are other Renault 17" rims that will also fit. You may find some images for the bumper inserts online like Google images.

essexbloke
Currently Drives:: 05 Blue Megane II Coupe Convertible

Postby essexbloke » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:23 pm

Thanks for the reply,

Fron the lack of response i was beginning to think i'd asked a very stoopid question.... :cool:

perrythebaxter
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.6 Sport Hatch

Postby perrythebaxter » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:05 pm

I've got the 17'' Nervasport alloys with 205 50 R17 Continental Sport Contact tyres, which I would recommend.

I've had the 16'' alloys on a previous CC and they certainly give a more comfortable/softer ride, but the 17'' do improve the look of the car considerably in my opinion.

Return to “Megane CC”