Windows

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

dougieCC
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault megane CC 1.6

Windows

Postby dougieCC » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:26 pm

Can anyone tell me if when you double lock the car, should the windows move as if to tighten the seal, if so what would cause this not to work, bearing in mind my one touch to close does not work.

Alan
Megane CC 1.6vvt and 1.4 clio

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Re: Windows

Postby ChrisM » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:35 am

Don't think they should as the double lock is basically operating the dead lock, my window drops when I open the door and seals when I close the door, doesn't move when I lock it nor when I dead lock it as it should be sealed already from just closing the door.
One touch to close do you mean from the door switch? if this is so then mine has never worked either, on closure, I can drop my front window on 1 touch, but it has never come up on one touch.
Probally something else that does not work on it, bit like the keyless entry, get in ok, but it very rare locks, driver side at present does not work but passenger seems fine this week.
The quality of this car is such a let down! :( :(

dougieCC
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault megane CC 1.6

Postby dougieCC » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:25 pm

Its just on my wifes old scenic and a few other cars when you double lock the windows seemed to tighten, my window has never dropped or closed when opening door.

Alan
Megane CC 1.6vvt and 1.4 clio

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Postby ChrisM » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:15 am

Hi Alan
It is litrally a midges whatsit! I read about peoblems with the window on the wrong side of the roof seal and having to push the window so it "pops" into the roof seal.
so When I nexted opened mine I watched but still could not hardly pick up the movement, so I marked mt window with a felt pen, then opend the door, sure enough the pen marker had dissapeared, could not see by how much, but it is not like the Astra TT, this is just a very small amount.

Return to “Megane CC”