It finally happened. I was bumped. : (

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

wanda
F1 Driver

It finally happened. I was bumped. : (

Postby wanda » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:11 pm

Parked behind Mr Taxi man. Switched off engine, had enough time to make a few calls as I was waiting for the Mrs to return. Then Mr Taxi man gets in his car punches car into reverse and puts the spoon to the floor. :eek Seeing the car flying at me I sounded the horn but he kept on coming. Wish my engine was on so I could reverse out of the way or quickly put the handbrake down.... but smack :cry :cry: :banghead.

We both got out of the car and being quite a bit bigger than the guy I saw that he was a bit scarred, which in a sense is good as I was ready to introduce his face to my knee if he would have said the wrong thing :mad .

Instead he came out apologising saying its his fault. I told him its fine just give me your insurance details. He asked if he could just pay for the damage instead as he doesnt want to put in a claim. I "kindly" told him that we do not know each other and what guaranty do I have that he would quit his job tomorrow and just disappear and leave me to pay for my car. He then suggested we both drive to the nearest garage and get a quote. I said ok. At this point the Mrs was back so we left the fans on the side of the road to stare and gosip. Got to Renault and asked for a quote.

Now the damage is a slight scratch on the passenger side front bumper under the head light and the wheel arch cover thingy is slightly bent. Renault said I need the following New head lights, new front bumper, new wheel arch cover thingy and re spray of the entire side including the passenger door which was had no damage. All for a very low price of £1600.

Mr Taxi man almost got a heart attack, but as he was paying out of his pocket I felt sorry for him and suggested we go looking for quotes from other garages. To make the long story short the best quote was £500. Now correct me if I am wrong but when Renault say repair centre I though it meant they are to repair the car not replace each and every component within the area?

Anyway the garage, taxi man and myself agreed that he would pay so after Easter I should get my baby back to normal. Its kind of funny I knew I really liked my Megane cc but I never thought I liked it so much that it would make me super cross.

JasonS
Learner Driver

Re: It finally happened. I was bumped. : (

Postby JasonS » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:43 pm

Nasty..

Sounds like the damage isn't too bad though.. perhaps you could replace with a Renault 225 front bumper for a new look..

I've had the bumper off the front of my car twice and the headlights out, I doubt they would have been damaged..
It does seem impossible to remove the bumper without breaking the headlight clips, so maybe that's why they suggested replacing them..
2005 Megane CC Monaco 1.9dci 130

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:40 pm

Wish I could but money is tight now ... well thanks to alister darling

dougieCC
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault megane CC 1.6

Postby dougieCC » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:56 pm

wanda wrote:Wish I could but money is tight now ... well thanks to alister darling

Get taxi man to pay :D
Megane CC 1.6vvt and 1.4 clio

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Postby Ray » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:42 pm

Pics!

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Postby ChrisM » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:03 am

Are your head lamps lose, in other words can you move them, they should be solid, no movement, at all! if there is you may have a broken bracket on the headlamp, which is a new head lamp then, they break quite easily with impact. my wifes coupe had a slight front end bang from another car, lamp was fine no damage, bulb fine but it was slighlty loose, it had broken a lower bracker in the impact.

Not sure what Renault are on apart form the money tree about spraying passenger door, it is quite a way from the damage, I know a lot of paint shops will blend, make sure they choose the right shade, mine is blue silver pealesent and the previous owner had the passenger corner of the front bumper painted, full sun it looks ok, yet in shade, or worse street light is is grey silver, not blue sliver.

Don't inform insurance, as they will harass you with a claim form for no damage, and then log it on your history that you have had an accident, this happened to me with my Fiat a few years back, lady next door bent my wing, took a few weeks to get the cash of her in the meantime I rang my insurance to "enquire" how long I could wait before making a claim against her, I wish I hadn't, they harassed me over the incident, sent me claim forms, which I was TOLD! to fill in and state the other party is paying for the damage. what a fag! about a week after the phone call she came around with the cash and appologised for the wait!!!!
When I insured the CC I found out my little incident with the neighbour was logged as rear end damage in traffic, and was actually classed as a claim.

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:46 am

I took some pictures of the taxi mans work on my car

Its hard to see on the photo but there is a slight bend in the wheel arch bit.

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:49 am

ChrisM wrote:Are your head lamps lose, in other words can you move them, they should be solid, no movement, at all! if there is you may have a broken bracket on the headlamp, which is a new head lamp then, they break quite easily with impact. my wifes coupe had a slight front end bang from another car, lamp was fine no damage, bulb fine but it was slighlty loose, it had broken a lower bracker in the impact.

Not sure what Renault are on apart form the money tree about spraying passenger door, it is quite a way from the damage, I know a lot of paint shops will blend, make sure they choose the right shade, mine is blue silver pealesent and the previous owner had the passenger corner of the front bumper painted, full sun it looks ok, yet in shade, or worse street light is is grey silver, not blue sliver.

Don't inform insurance, as they will harass you with a claim form for no damage, and then log it on your history that you have had an accident, this happened to me with my Fiat a few years back, lady next door bent my wing, took a few weeks to get the cash of her in the meantime I rang my insurance to "enquire" how long I could wait before making a claim against her, I wish I hadn't, they harassed me over the incident, sent me claim forms, which I was TOLD! to fill in and state the other party is paying for the damage. what a fag! about a week after the phone call she came around with the cash and appologised for the wait!!!!
When I insured the CC I found out my little incident with the neighbour was logged as rear end damage in traffic, and was actually classed as a claim.

The headlamps seem to be in place securely, the way I am looking at it now I just want the car restored to its former glory even though it isnt a major crash but still plays on the heart strings.

Return to “Megane CC”