Help with CC Roof & Turbo

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

kennyC
Currently Drives:: 535d Msport

Help with CC Roof & Turbo

Postby kennyC » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:17 am

Hi my first post here , And im wondering if i can pick some of youre brains :grin

I recently bought a friends 05 Plate Dci 120 CC which had been sitting in my MOT station for just under a year.

It requires new brakes all round and a turbo, the car was remapped , then the EGR failed which was replaced then the turbo failed.

I bought the car to fix this, started working on this weekend, but ive sent the wheels away to get refurbished so i cant move it onto my ramp to do the turbo yet, Does anyone have any tips for removing this unit? It looks pretty awkward, deffo a ramp job, from what i can see the shafts and subframe need lowered to get access because it looks really tight under the inlet manifold at the bulkhead. ?

My second problem is,

I got the roof working once i figured out about the blind it the boot :banghead

Problem is when i bring it back up, when it gets to closing against the windscreen it 2 latches dont lock in themselves, unless i do it with a allen key to move them, i initially thought the mechanism which is controlled by the ram was siezed, so i tried to free them off, all the arms and cables are mobing freely, i removed the unit and the ram is opening and closing as it should off the car making me think this is not the problem, though it is as if its not moving the rods enough to move the hooks to latch in.

Does anyone have any ideas on this ???

Ive phoned a master tech and a tech at Renault i know and none of them have heard of this, Ive also connected my launch master to the car to see if the roof talked to the scanner but it doesnt, Im racking my brains with this and hoping someone on here can help me.

Thanks for reading.

Kenny.

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Re: Help with CC Roof & Turbo

Postby ChrisM » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:34 pm

Welcome to My Renaults broken AGAIN world!!!!!
LOL no not really, but welcome anyway. Sounds as if you might have some interesting material to post on if you have the time!!!
Does the roof full close onto the screen top, I wonder if it is perhaps stopping a midges short so the bars can not locate and pull the roof onto the seal, or maybe for some reason the roof is out of line sligthly, so the bars are not catching the eyes but pushing against them a bit, just a thought, I belive the roof can twist a little if opened in windy conditions and strain the hindges, it is a lot of weight to lug around and would imagine is very prone to damage when halfway open.
Sounds as if you have a lot of work there on this DCi, Have you done the brake discs yet, mine is in need of both front and rears, I have been told that the rears need to have ABS ring and bearing with them other wise the cheaper discs you buy thinking you have a bargin aren't as the bearing and ring cost a fortune to buy, I also see the rear caliper is a screw in piston, do you know if this is a right or left hand thread to get them in as I will possibly need to purchase a tool for this . I can't get any info on the front discs so I am asuming they are just a Standard vented brake disc availible from anywhere, when you replaced your if you have yet are they just a standard disc, nothing 'special' I should know about like ABS rings and bearings there as well.
Jusy had lower ball joints done and that was dropping of subframe to get the lower arms out, I did look up at the cat and think what a *~@*~~ of a job to get that out you are right very tight up there I think that when the Renault 1 Phase 2 was replaced Renault also replaced the build and build quality, my wifes Phase 2 coupe is far better built than my Migrane 2 CC and was designed to be worked on by a Tec in a garage situation, not designed on a sheet of paper and put together in bits like mecano with nothing accessable after the build unless you pull the whole car apart, why did we drop the subframe down for ball joints, simply becasue we could not get the two front lower arm bolts out, the lower arms could not be removed from the car to take over to the press so a job that should have taken 1 hour took 5, so a typical simple replacement job became an indepth bit of surgery, as with your cat I think, should be a simple replace, but I bet it wont, it will be major surgery as well, what is the saying I a mlooking for.... ah yes, they don't make em like they use to!
My wifes 1999 phase 2, I put 2 lower ball joints on hers in three quaters of an hour, simple two nut & bolts and a pinch bolt, what need to be taken off, the wheel!
Sounds as if you have your work cut out, please keep us informed of your work on it, technical work like this is not very often listed for these vehicles so an insight on how the work is done would be a great help, when ever mine goes wrong and I fix it I always post to help, also try www.renaultforums.co.uk bit slow to load sometimes but a fair bit of technical info on there, might be worth a look for you.

Return to “Megane CC”