Strange door locking system

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

wanda
F1 Driver

Strange door locking system

Postby wanda » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:26 pm

I waranty will run out soon so I thought to give the car a good once over to see if there is anything Renault can fix before its too late, I found that the drivers door does not lock when you press the button and the brakes make a funny noise in the mornings. I was about to take the car in for Renault to have a look at and suprise suprise its working again the brakes I discovered was just dirty, They kindly offered to clean it up for me for £145 + VAT :eek . After spending £5 at a hand car wash for a good clean the brakes are fine again.

Funny little cc I have got here.

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Re: Strange door locking system

Postby ChrisM » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:03 pm

My Drivers button is the same, I think it depends on the weather myself, mine is quite twitchy in the wet, some times it works others not, I do find I have to have the key in my pocket closest to the door most times, if it is in the pocket on the far side it does not always lock, when it is having a major paddy, even with the key in my hand nest to the lock it wont lock off button, I have to use the card, then 1 hour later it is fine!!!!

Very tempri-mental! :twisted:

wanda
F1 Driver

Re: Strange door locking system

Postby wanda » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:24 pm

ChrisM wrote:My Drivers button is the same, I think it depends on the weather myself, mine is quite twitchy in the wet, some times it works others not, I do find I have to have the key in my pocket closest to the door most times, if it is in the pocket on the far side it does not always lock, when it is having a major paddy, even with the key in my hand nest to the lock it wont lock off button, I have to use the card, then 1 hour later it is fine!!!!

Very tempri-mental! :twisted:

Thats why the magane cc is definatly a girl :lol:

Return to “Megane CC”