Megane 11 CC Window and sensor problems

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

cj69
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Cabriolet

Megane 11 CC Window and sensor problems

Postby cj69 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:30 pm

bought this 2005 Megane Dynamique Cabriolet 1.6 petrol in Oct last.One lady owner from new 46,000 km. nice car.
However last week drivers window would not open on it's own switch,it would open via switch which is used in conjunction with roof.My mechanic told me it could be either motor or loom or both.I'm in ROI so I checked prices with Renault dealers.€275 +vat for motor and 140+ for loom.I discovered that a multitude of these motors gave trouble so I contacted Renault Ireland who conveniently do NOT have a Service Dept.but instead use a call centre in Bangor Co.Down who look after customer complaints. To make a long story boring they told me because the car was outside the extended warranty period that they had put on for this problem (normal warranty was 2 years but 4 because of the problems)they were not going to assist me in any shape or form.So,after all that good news and good fortune I'm hopeful that some people out there can advise me as to where I might be able to get reasonably priced parts and perhaps if it's necessary to change both motor and loom etc. My other problem arose only yesterday when a"auto wiper fault"message appeared accompanied by a service light and "auto lights fault" as well. If it's the sensor on windscreen thats gone they told me thats €155+vat.Any help or advice on how to remedy these problems would be gratefully appreciated.

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Re: Megane 11 CC Window and sensor problems

Postby ChrisM » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:47 am

karllap had a similar problem, with his windows but we never found out the out come as of yet, no body really seems to post the 'fix' that often.
Have you tried looking at the offending window switch, I have not as of yet had my door panel off so not really sure what it looks like inside there or how the switched are conected, I supose you need to get inside, with a multi meter to test power, has the switch got power to it, when you press the switch is it sending power to the motor, for notihng to be happening at all from that switch, it sounds as if there is a cable break or a switch problem.
Again it depends on how the switches are congigured but if it is a power to switch problem and the switch panel has 4 power to switch cables you could pinch power from a rear window cable with a short section of wire spliced into the rear power to cable and cut the offending dead cable and join to the new cable to porovide a new power source, window should then work again.
if it is a switch problem you need to trawl ebay for braking CC's now I am not sure if they have the same switches as a hatch, perhaps you have a look at one in a car park, or go to a 2nd car site and have a gander around one do they look the same if so that may widen the search for you to hatches as well as CC,s there are a few around so look on ebay, when you see a CC roof for sale for example send the seller a message asking about door switches, this is what I do you will be suprised what you can pick up for your CC like this.
If it is an power to window cable problem as in with your multi meter the switch reads power through it, then you need to take off passenger panel and test at that end with some on the driver door switch to see if power comes out at the motor end, if it does it must be the control unit on the window motor, as I tihnk the earths are common for both door switch and roof switch operations, there are only 6 wires on the motors, so the controller might have gone AWOL. this control modual can not be replaced, you need a complete motor, or regulator.
hope this sheds a bit of light on it for you.
Chris

cj69
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Cabriolet

Postby cj69 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:31 pm

Thanks for your input Chris.I actually removed switches and swopped back pair to the front and same result ..drivers window not operating.I have removed door panel and used a hair dryer on the motor area today and whilst playing around with the drivers side switch it made rumbling sounds and made a few erratic movements eventually opening and closing once or twice.Meanwhile the central switch controlling all four windows operates no problem up and down.I'm away for the next week so won't be using it but when I get back I'm thinking about removing the motor and seeing if drying it out will make a difference.As for the auto wiper and lights problem I can deactivate the auto lights and operate manually as per normal but the wipers are a different story they apparently can't be deactivated so I'm left without an intermittent wipe just normal fast and slow and when stopped in traffic continue unless I switch them off...a pain if it's just drizzle.

karllap

Postby karllap » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:18 pm

Hi,
Just a quick update regarding mine, I haven't tackled the problem yet as I understand its a bit of a mare to get at the back panel. As soon as our good old British weather improves a bit I will get stuck in and post my results.

Return to “Megane CC”