CC seats

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

dougieCC
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault megane CC 1.6

CC seats

Postby dougieCC » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:33 pm

Has any CC owner or possibly any 3 door owner, had the fault where when upon pulling the lever to allow rear passengers out and then pushing the seat back it refuses to lock back in position allowing the seat just to slide backwards and forwards on the runners.

Alan
Megane CC 1.6vvt and 1.4 clio

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Re: CC seats

Postby ChrisM » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:55 am

I get this but the other way around with my driver seat, when I can find some one daft enough to use my back seat, I use the lever on the driver seat to move it forward and lock it in position, get out then tilt seat in usuall manner, passenger climbs in, in a rather undifnified manner, push seat back back into position, but seat then wants to go right back to 1st position [before I pulled it forward], so passenger now has to throw legs along back seat, which is most interesting to watch trying to get past that center consul, so I can get in push seat back to lock on runners then move it forward to let rear passenger have some knee space, why, I have no idea!!! it's French.......
On the plus side for me as a man, I use to winge about the rear passenger seats until Christmas this year, when the pluses became VEEEEERYYYY obvious, as in Christmas party for the wifes work mates, pick them up 2 of the younger girls want to go clubing, low cut very short dresses, well after the seat thing and then the bending over double to get in [low cut]on the passenger side to get in, and THEN OUT [short skirt] will leave rest to your imagination :oops: , Well done the French I thought!!! needless to say in bad books with er in doors and banned from using my car next year to pick up staff for works party :cry
Still She might forget: not holding breath though!!!!!

JasonS
Learner Driver

Re: CC seats

Postby JasonS » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:09 pm

This works for me:

lift handle, fold seat, push forwards.
put foot behind base of seat while still forwards, fold back upright, THEN pull back on runner - seat will return to original position.

Looks like it's down to the little metal 'stopper' that the seat pushes backwards if it's still folded.
2005 Megane CC Monaco 1.9dci 130

Return to “Megane CC”