Problem with windows

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

karllap

Problem with windows

Postby karllap » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:31 pm

Hi,
I have just got my wife a megane, she is really happy with it but it has a few niggles! It is an 05 dynamique

1st, the rear passenger window works the opposite way to all the others, ie press up and it goes down and vise versa. Also when I drop the roof that window doesn't come back up (I suspect the problem is related). It literally seams to me that someone has put the plug on the wrong way on the motor, is this possible?

2nd, The windows don't drop slightly when I open the doors ( I take it that they should to make them seal into the roof) Again I don't know if this could be related to the problem above.

Any help is appreciated.

JasonS
Learner Driver

Re: Problem with windows

Postby JasonS » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:51 pm

1. I haven't had the rear windows to bits yet, so I can't comment if it is possible to reverse the connection..

2. They don't..

My wife had a Vauxhall Tigra and that had windows that dropped an inch when you opened the boot, so the glass didn't blow out when you shut it..
2005 Megane CC Monaco 1.9dci 130

karllap

Postby karllap » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:18 pm

JasonS wrote:1. I haven't had the rear windows to bits yet, so I can't comment if it is possible to reverse the connection..

2. They don't..

My wife had a Vauxhall Tigra and that had windows that dropped an inch when you opened the boot, so the glass didn't blow out when you shut it..

So they don't drop when you open the door, Ive had a few convertibles and they all do it so that the window lifts into the seal of the roof!

If they don't drop I take it that the windows need adjusting as they are to high for the door to shut properly so they catch on the roof.

Thanks for the info

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Postby ChrisM » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:39 am

Mine do, but the drop is so small and quick it is easy to miss, it is mm just enough to pass the seal, you have to be quick to spot it. Noticed mine in the freeze, when the door was opened the window could not drop due to the frost and it was getting caught up on the seals, same when you closed it, just had to remember to scrape bottom of driver window before opening door.
As for rear window, plug on wrong way, not sure if it could be done by mistake as there is a plastic tab which locks it in place, the roof switch and window switch in the center consul only fit one way [Shapped plug] not sure on the rear reg though, I know it has 6 pins in a line down the center of the plug, not to sure if the plug has notches on it, but it definalty has a plastic tab on it as said to lock it in place, will have a look at mine over the weekend to see if it is possible to put it on back to front, which switch works on the opposite driver door or rear panel, or both, I think we have guessed on here that the center consul switches seem to use a differant circuit as they put all 4 down together possible the roof circuit, will have a look weekend and post on it on Monday for you. :grin

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Postby ChrisM » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:38 am

Sorry, Can not be accidentaly put on the wrong way around, inside the plug there are guide slots on one side, to stop you, I guess you could cut the tags off with a stanly blade or sharpe chisel to "make" it fit, I think it would fit as it's pins are the same either way 2 small, 2 large, 2 small, so I think it would fit but what effect it would have on the window system I don't know, there is a distinct possiblity of crossed earths I would think making a short.
Possibly you need to get in there and have a look at the motor to see if you can see anything amiss, each motor seems to have a control modual on top of it so it makes sense to think if one motor is playing up then there could well be a possibity the modual is playing up, maybe the last person to own the car has tampered with the cabling to 'make' the motor work but crossed wires so it works on opposites.
If you where to buy my car you would be a bit perplexed as well if I did not tell you about my window, as you would hear the motor turn but the window would not move? Reason I have bodged it up till I can get [now have] a regulator for it, lifting cables removed for motor and window Bolted via the window guides in place so it is secure, you may have the same type of thing going on, a temp fix that is still on going, the down side is, it is definatly a bit of a fag to pull it all apart just to look, roof down, rear seats removed, rear seat belt removed, side panel removed, and window seal lifted, there is a guide on here written by two of us on how to get there, should take about an hour to get in 1st time, takes me around 30 mins now, this time will be my 3rd for this window when I do it, to cold at present so not really rushed to do it, plus roof works ok anyway, not really warm enough last year to drive with all windows down, so not to rushed at present. :)

karllap

Postby karllap » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:20 am

Thanks for your help, you area god send. I at least have an idea what may be causing the problem now, just need to wait for a nice warm dry ay to attack it.
May be a while I think :lol:

Return to “Megane CC”