rear quater window regulator issues

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Re: rear quater window regulator issues

Postby ChrisM » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:42 am

Well done!
quite in depth but also quite easy would you not say.
At a guess the motor should be ok, they are actually quite robust, your problem seems to be the STUPID plastic cable guide inside the motor, which from what I can see is knackerd, you apeer to be at the same point I am.
Personally there seems to be to much room inside so the cables are crossing and jumping lanes on this guide then snarling the motor up, perhaps the groves are not deep enough for the cables to fall into fully, I don't know, you now have the same dilema as me, apart from the fact I have a spare motor with the plastic wheel in a some what better condition than the one fitted at present.
You have two options really.
1 - A new motor (there was one on ebay) to get the plastic wheel.
2 - A new/used Regulator for the whole shooting match.

Bear in mind if you go for No 1 you WILL need new cables as once there are kinked/flat they will jump tracks again and destroy you reg/motor winder again very quickly, SO DO NOT re use these cables you will be asking for more trouble.
Where both cables still conected the the plastic clips on the slides, can you see where you have marked No1 well a little further dowwn to the right you will see another fixing point, where the cable sits in a clip to pull the window up, I can not see the cable in the clip there was it stuck up by the top wheel No 2 if so the motor has pulled the cable through the *plastic clip down by No1, it may not look damaged but you may find the cable will again pull through the hole in this lower clip when tension is put on it i.e winding up window with motor, mine looked good until you put a bit of presure on it, then it just pulled right through.
Check this before you make a descion on which why to go, as you may buy a motor and cables only to find this clip is kaput, wasted money on motor and cables, inspect it very closely.
Whilst thinking and sourcing parts you can as I said before two bolts and 4 rubber washers push the window right up to the top of the slides and put the bolts through under the sliders and tighten up to stop the window dropping, fix motor to unit again with no cables [ Not sure if roof will work without it] put car together job done for now car is secure again.

*The window slider clip is a hole and slot affair, the hole is just large enough to get the cable nipple through, the slot is just wide enough to take the cable, so if the cable has been forced out of the clip, it will have enlarged the slot where the cable sits large enough for the nipple to come through as well with a bit of presure

The silver bit is the motor
The little black box on top is a processor
The round threaded wheel is the winding mechanism

The motor will turn once conected to the cars power again and will run when you push the button on the door or drop the roof, once the cable cover is back on it you wont catch you fingers in it, this is why you need to remove the cables when you put it back together for the temp fix, otherwise it will wind cables and eventually go bang with the presure so just let it turn on its own.

k993802
Currently Drives:: Megane II CC '04

Postby k993802 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:50 pm

For information,

I have been quoted by a local Renault Main Dealer Service Centre £219.66 including VAT for the reaplcement part (Window regulator/motor). According to the Renault Service Centre, the regulator and motor are a single part.

Renault Part number: 8201010933 £219.66 inc VAT.

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Postby ChrisM » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:10 pm

Well they are coming down in price, I was quoted £300 inc VAT about 3 months ago, good price if you have £200 to spare.
I think the motor was £25 on ebay used of course, Renault never advocate a repair of a regulator, especially at £200 + for a new one yet you can get front window cable for £20, cars these days are very much designed not to be repaired by the home mechanic [DIYer], yet some repairs are still simple but very well hidden to try and put the DIYer off the job, I supose they all have to make money some how.
This is why sites like this are excellent in information sharing, so you can find out how to do it, or just look to see if you can do it plus it puts the dealer on the back foot slightly when you go in and tell him whats wrong, he then asumes you know sometihng about the job instead of just saying my window has stopped working, where a lot of dealers see pound signs then £££££££££
Which ever way you go at least you have gained a bit of knowledge from this site about your car, which must be a plus!

mikeadelic_1

Postby mikeadelic_1 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:21 am

After Reading the entire thread that I started I am glad I got a fitter to sort mine out he charged me £50 to install & the parts were £190 (genuine Renault part) mind you he did say not to call him if the other one goes bang !!!

Return to “Megane CC”