Used car values on the up

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Meggyman
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: 56 Megane CC 2.0 Privilege in grey.
Full leather etc

Used car values on the up

Postby Meggyman » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:50 am

Well, I got my Megane back after its service and was very surprised to find out how much its worth on trade in.
Most of you have probably heard how used car prices have gone up because of a shortage, as the only cars being traded in are old knackers for the scrappage scheme. This is leaving very little in the way of decent second hand motors out there.

I bought mine in February for what was a good price and Renault are offering me exactly the same money for it as for what I bought it for back then.
Several thousand more miles on the clock and 8 months older and its not lost anything. If I sell it privately i'll make nearly a grand on it now.

Used cars at the moment seem good short term investments. Now you never thought you'd hear that :wink:
56 Megane CC 2.0 Privilege in Grey.
Full leather etc

Paddy
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane Saloon 2.0 VVT Dynamique

Re: Used car values on the up

Postby Paddy » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:41 pm

I had thought that.

I bought my car a year ago. I was looking on auto trader recently... The same car with the same spec and roughly the same miles as mine (22k) is going for £800 more than i paid for mine a year ago.

If i didnt have a love for my meggy i would cash her in before there is anymore problems!

Return to “Megane CC”