Electric / Folding Wing Mirrors

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

kevingurney
Currently Drives:: Renault Meganne 1.6VVT CC

Electric / Folding Wing Mirrors

Postby kevingurney » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:04 am

Anybody got any suggestions as to where I can get a replacement wing mirror from without having to give £170+VAT to my local Renault dealer ?

I've tried a few "broker" type website without any luck as well as a couple of Renault specific breakers but to quote one breakers...."they're rare as rocking horse sh*t mate"

ANy suggestions appreciated.

Paddy
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane Saloon 2.0 VVT Dynamique

Re: Electric / Folding Wing Mirrors

Postby Paddy » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:55 pm

cant you just get a regular electric mirror from the scrappers and transplant the folding motor into it?

Maybe not, but its worth a shot unless you fancy coughing up...

P

Fundier
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9dci 120

Postby Fundier » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:34 pm

I'm on my third one now... its certainly wide car at times in narrow lanes!

It depends on the damage. If you have smashed the glass and taken out the plastic shroud you can get these replaced. If you have taken out a lot of the electrics, mine stripped the gears on the inside then there are some places that will supply 'copies'. They are tricky to track down and will need a little phoning around, I just googled.You will also have to spray the shroud, get a can of the colour made up at Halfords with scraps of your smashed one. I ended up going to Renault, it was quicker and easier than the stress of phoning around. Expensive alright, but consider the hassle...

You could try www.Breakeryard.com, its a fast and eager service!

Hope this helps.

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Postby ChrisM » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:04 am

Try an ebay search on Renault megane braking, or trawl through the renault megane parts you will find breakers scrapping them either give em a call or drop a line via ebay, before you do this try to find out of the Renault hatch has folding mirrors at a guess I would say it does, I would look around the car parks in your area then I park next to one and have a good look to see if they are the same mirror, again I would hazzard a guess and say they are then this has opened your search up two fold as there are many hatches around in brakers compared to CC's, you also have the Megane Estate as well, I just purchased a hand brake for my CC for £40 from an Estate car, the equivelent one from the CC was going at £95, because it was a CC and not many around - Same Hand brake!
Worth a look if notihng else!

Return to “Megane CC”