Oh yes, the fuel cap/cover is broken as well !!

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Scottjh
Currently Drives:: Megane II CC 2.0 petrol

Oh yes, the fuel cap/cover is broken as well !!

Postby Scottjh » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:00 pm

One other thing guys -

One of the locking "lugs" on the fuel cap is broken.

To change the unit, do I simply remove the 2 screws that are clearly visable or are there any other connectors attatched ?

How do I get the flap itself off the plastic hosing also ?

Sorry for so many questions so soon after joing but I just want to fix things early doors.

DAZZA
Currently Drives:: magane cabriolat cc extreme

Re: Oh yes, the fuel cap/cover is broken as well !!

Postby DAZZA » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:40 pm

hi i had same problem took 2 screws out did'nt seem to do anything so i just soaked it in wd40 put my hand inside boot lining and gave it a little help whilst locking and unlocking it . touch wood been ok since. ps you can feel the plunger move in and out slightly when you lock it
magane cc 1.6 extreme

rowan.bradley

Postby rowan.bradley » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:31 pm

DAZZA wrote:hi i had same problem took 2 screws out did'nt seem to do anything so i just soaked it in wd40 put my hand inside boot lining and gave it a little help whilst locking and unlocking it . touch wood been ok since. ps you can feel the plunger move in and out slightly when you lock it

I've got the same problem too. Where did you squirt the WD40? Around the pin inside the fuel flap(I've tried that)? Or under the wheel arch? Or behind the boot lining?
Mine gives a sort of jerk when I lock or unlock, but the pin doesn't actually seem to move. What exactly did you do inside the boot lining? I can just about get my hand in, but I can't feel anything that seems likely to move...
And once I've freed this up, I will then need to replace the plastic thing that has the clip which is supposed to line up the flap with the pin so the pin will go through the hole when it locks. One side of this clip on mine is broken off (which is, presumably, the only reason that the flap will close at all with the pin stuck out).
I hope you can help me with this!

Thanks - Rowan

DAZZA
Currently Drives:: magane cabriolat cc extreme

Postby DAZZA » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:54 pm

With the boot open use a screw driver and close the catch so the car thinks the boots shut. Then with the fuel flap open ,put your left hand through the slot in boot lining where the boot inges are, and you'll feel the inside of the fuel lock move when you lock the car, give it a good soak with WD inside the flap keep locking and unlocking the car with remote in right hand , whilst helping fuel lock work in and out with left hand in the slot. hope it works like it did with me
magane cc 1.6 extreme

Return to “Megane CC”