BIO DIESEL

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

BIO DIESEL

Postby ChrisM » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:01 pm

My Daughters boyfriend has just given a sheet of paper advertising Bio Diesel at 88p a ltr supose to run better than normal diesel whilst cleaning fuel system and injectors giving increased BHP and performance i.e MPG
Anyone out there used this Bio Fuel in thier Renault at 88p Ltr opposed to £1.06 Ltr seems a good deal but just a little concerned at future problems, he is at present feeding it to his 2002 1.5 Fiesta which seems to be quite happy with it.
Any thoughts! :?:

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Re: BIO DIESEL

Postby Ray » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:48 pm

just make sure it's only 5% blend... otherwise the car won't like it.

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Re: BIO DIESEL

Postby ChrisM » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:27 am

5% blend, is that what is talked about when they say to use 5% bio with 95% diesel , when you look at it that way I do wonder whats the point.
Must say though, we all went to Lutterworth last weekend, wife and myself in the CC and Daughter and boyfriend followed later in his 1.5 Fiesta, he used over a quarter of a tank to get there where as we did not hit the quarter, we where pulling between 54 to 56 MPG on V power, cost us £25, approx 5 gallons, my daughter told me on the way back he put in at his Bio stop around 6 and a quarter gallons so it seems he has used more than me to do the same trip with a lighter car cost us as said £25.00 on a refuel in Rhyl at £1 Ltr, cost him for the Trip £30.80 at 88p Ltr(fueled 1 mile from my station), seems he has paid less for his fuel but used more of it, which is another reason why I don't use Tesco/Asda diesel as both return me in the low 40,s to work and back (60mile round trip) yet shell normal diesel which is what I run it on usually returns around 46/48 MPG on the same trips the differance is quite astounding really.
My Daughter boyfriend also assures me it has made his engine a lot quiter to run, well we pulled out of the hotel car park in Nuneaton, windows down on the CC with the Fiesta behind us and I thought what the hell is that noise I know the French diesel engine is not silent (The French Tractor I think most call it) but good god so I had a good listern worried it was mine but quickly realising the sound was ALL around, his Fiesta diesel was making the same if not more noise than my French tractor, so I think all in all I will leave it alone, we have another run this weekend to the 7 valley 1940,s event we will buzz down to Bridgnorth so will watch and listern again and compare with mine which will be carrying 4 this time opposed to his 2 in his car, if he gets ahead might wind him up a bit and ask if he could smell chips??? looking forward to making an entrance though, 1940's uniforms roof off Glen Miller on the CD I know it should be an MG but I don't fit in one.

Return to “Megane CC”