Door Lock/Unlock problem

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Door Lock/Unlock problem

Postby ChrisM » Wed May 13, 2009 10:55 am

I have got the strangest thind happen, Jumped in it this morning at home no problem using hands free opening, wacked card into slot drove it to work, got out, wont lock on the door button Mmmm typical sos I used the fob, No work either? so I went to the passenger door pressed the handle button "locked" Ah well looks like perhaps a new battery, so I changed it for a new one, An hour later went back out to get some cash wont open on hands free or card, I had to use the emergancy key, soon as door opened alarm goes off so I put the card into ingnition and fired it up starts ok.
so I closed the door and tried to relock no! so I put the card by the gear shift and tried to start it and I am told NO CARD Detected, but once in the slot it is ok, can't as of yet try the spare as it is at home, No idea what has happend to this card in the drive from home to work but it no longer opens the car in way, shape or form will not even start it unless in the slot, at a guess and by reading bits on the forum about cards it seems to me it is not sending a signal to the vehicle I have tried him at work with the RF signal detector and get no signal light from the detector so I am right in thinking this card "has just given up" working even with the new battery in. :dead

Ians cab
Currently Drives:: renault megane cc 2l

Re: Door Lock/Unlock problem

Postby Ians cab » Mon May 18, 2009 11:58 am

sounds similar to what i am experiencing at present, i have got a spare key on order and being programmed this week, hopefully this will cure the problem, luckily the garage i bought the car from is paying half the key cost.
I will post the outcome after wed.

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Postby ChrisM » Mon May 18, 2009 2:23 pm

my card is on its way back from Gary at www.keyrepair.co.uk I also had to use my spare, seems my card stopped sending a signal to the vehicle, however for a £27 charge Gary has sorted it out for me Card should be with me by Tuesday.
He usually only does the Laguna 2 button cards, but I talked him into having a go with mine, apparantly the 3 button card is softer plastic so it "stretches" when cut open, so he would not gaurantee a near perfect finish, but at least it now works again, he put some new micro switches into it and checked over the battery circuit, not bad really sent it Friday afternoon should have it by Tuesday saving me the hassel of first finding a Renault dealer, did email a few for a price on Wednesday, one in chester and one in Wrexham still no reply, must have been a really hard question, "how much for a key card and to get it programmed to car" as I am still waiting for an answer, last I heard a card was about £160 just to buy. So hopefully mine is fine now, thanks to Gary. :D

Ians cab
Currently Drives:: renault megane cc 2l

Postby Ians cab » Wed May 20, 2009 11:15 am

Had the new key programmed this morning and all is well, the old key still wont lock or unlock but it will start the car so i will leave that as a spare.

It cost me £138 all in from a main dealer, then the garage i got the car from has paid half of this, so not too bad.

Return to “Megane CC”