Alarm help (06 Dynamique)

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

faffer
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Qashqai, Alfa Ph2 Spider & company Octavia

Alarm help (06 Dynamique)

Postby faffer » Fri May 08, 2009 1:27 am

Hi,
The alarm sensors don't appear to be working; my testing so far,1 locking car with roof down (which I would expect to trigger alarm straight away) 2 single lock car with roof up driver window open, leaning in through window moving around (this test works on my Laguna) and opening the door from the inside which does set off the alarm. Could the sensors have been permanently disconnected by Renault for the one previous owner, if so is it reversible?
I have read on here that the start button needs to be pressed 5 times on exit to temporarily disable the sensors but my alarm book implies the process is to put keycard in and out of slot twice in quick succession. Any info appreciated

faffer
Passed Theory

Re: Alarm help (06 Dynamique)

Postby faffer » Sat May 09, 2009 9:35 am

As we have had the car less than a week, it has been back to the dealers for rectification. Initial diagnosis is that all the wiring looks in order and that there may actually be a problem in the alarm unit. This being a bit longer than "a while you wait job" will require them to have the car back in for a proper look. Pity they didn't check the car over more thoroughly before they sold it. Oh well!only the fourth return visit so far.

faffer
Passed Theory

Re: Alarm help (06 Dynamique)

Postby faffer » Fri May 15, 2009 12:42 pm

Alarm sensors where faulty and have been replaced. Had demonstration of the process to temp disable internal sensors, which was pressing the start button 5 times .So happy again.

Return to “Megane CC”