Air Filter.. Where Art Thou

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Air Filter.. Where Art Thou

Postby ChrisM » Thu May 07, 2009 1:27 pm

Megane CC 1.9Dci 2004 car.
Air Filter, where the heck is it, found pollen filter, no sign as of yet of air filter, any body got any clues as to where it may be hiding, some times don't ya just hate new cars, with my old one well you all ways knew where it was, open the bonnet and there it is same place as last time big black box, Never had to ask this question before on any of my cars, sad eh, must be getting old now, supose next I will be looking for points and condenser............ Mmmm this diesel thing will never catch on! :oops:

anth_dci
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane II DCi 120 Dynamique 52 plate

Re: Air Filter.. Where Art Thou

Postby anth_dci » Thu May 07, 2009 1:35 pm

its in the rear right corner of the engine bay. behind the battery and ecu. there are 2 screws at the top of the box, one in each corner, undo then then the filter slides out in the housing. 5 min job max.
Megane II dynamique 1.9 DCI 120bhp, 5 door, 52 plate.

ChrisM
Advanced Driver

Postby ChrisM » Thu May 07, 2009 2:06 pm

Hu !! I knew that!!!
:D
Well not really, I thought that was part of the battery cover to be honest, looks like I got me some learning to do with this one, I am guessing the CC has the same 1.9DCi engine as the Hatch then, will have to find some kind of W/Shop manual for it otherwise I will be booted off here for asking the dumbest questions!
:cool: Thanks for the info.

anth_dci
Advanced Driver

Postby anth_dci » Thu May 07, 2009 2:32 pm

no bother. Mine doesnt have a battery cover (im working on getting one) so i dont know if you have to remove that to get at the screws. I've got a copy of the haynes manual and it is a big help. Yes the 1.9 dci is the same in the cc and the hatch. The only difference could be the later ones were fitted with FAP (a particle filter).

ChrisM
Advanced Driver

Postby ChrisM » Fri May 08, 2009 11:30 am

Just as a matter of interest, as yours is a 1.9 DCi 120BHP as well what mpg do you get out of it, I fancied a 3 Door panaramic roof hatch but thus cabrio turned up and I thought why not! I was looking for a diesel as I travel a 60 mile round trip on the work run 5 days a week 99% of it duel carriage way so you look at a constant 65/70mph just under 2000rpm in 6th so in theory fuel economy should be quite good, it is returning 44.7, which I thought was a bit disapointing for this trip, my little Fiat 1.2cc petrol Bravo was returning about this at the same speed some times up to 80mph (on the way home of course) I know it is a heavier car than yours but I was expecting on a run like this min 46 ish to around 48 in the summer as if yours is pulling this kind of mpg then another change maybe on the cards if it boils down to sheer weight of vehicle, and not in need of service. :-)

anth_dci
Advanced Driver

Postby anth_dci » Fri May 08, 2009 12:53 pm

i get pretty much bang on 50mpg. I do 60miles of dual carrageway driving at 55-60 to get this. It only drops down below that when my girlfriend gets behind the wheel :hep:

ChrisM
Advanced Driver

Postby ChrisM » Fri May 08, 2009 2:42 pm

Mmmm not a massive amount of differance then really is there. swing and rounderbouts as they say. :cool:

Return to “Megane CC”