Rear parcel shelf

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Ians cab
Currently Drives:: renault megane cc 2l

Rear parcel shelf

Postby Ians cab » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:12 am

I know its not strictly a parcel shelf but it is the easiest way to describe it....

When i put the roof down the rear shelf no longer folds flat under the boot lid, so it sits up slightly, anyone else had this or have got to get my hands dirty?? :conf

wanda
F1 Driver

Re: Rear parcel shelf

Postby wanda » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:18 pm

dont quite understand. can you get some pics?

Liggy
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Black 2004 Renault Megane CC Privilege

Postby Liggy » Wed May 13, 2009 2:38 pm

Actually, I have this problem as well. Is it that the parcel shelf sort of sits above the roof instead of being tucked under it? I was out playing with the car the other day. To me, it looks like the parcel shelf isn't moving down quick enough, so the boot is going over the top of it. I wonder would WD40 on the gears work, or something? If not, I might invent some sort of small device that the boot will catch, so that it stores properly.
2004 Renault Megane CC Privilege 1.9DCI.

Ians cab
Currently Drives:: renault megane cc 2l

Postby Ians cab » Mon May 18, 2009 11:56 am

After talking with some people it appears that the cables that pull the shelf up and down may need adjusting or worst case replacing, apparently they are sensitive to sort out?!

jaysere03
Currently Drives:: megane 2 dymonique cc

Postby jaysere03 » Wed May 20, 2009 1:33 pm

doesnt the shelf lift work by the offset cam roller thats on drivers side maybe a slight adjustment needed

robcop_8182

Postby robcop_8182 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:04 am

I recently purchased a 2006 renault megane cc (3 months ago), Two days after purchase the roof stopped working (2nd retraction) the garage has refused to cover the costs as they have said the roof is not under warranty, (https://www.alpinocarsltd.co.uk/16260/index.htm) Anyway i have now purchased two wires that were thought to be the problem £50 each excluding fitting...but they both snapped due to pressure when opening the roof. Now they think its a little black latch that is not retracting correctly costing another £80. this also may not be the problem and if it doesn't work renault have said it could cost in excess of £1000. does anyone have any idea of the problem or encounter it themselves? also alpino cars ltd of manchester have been no help at all i am ringing citizens advice tomorrow as i only had it two days surely he must be accountable for some costs incurred :cry :cry :cry ... Wish i never got the car now....

garryvincent
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9 DCi

Postby garryvincent » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:48 pm

jaysere03 wrote:doesnt the shelf lift work by the offset cam roller thats on drivers side maybe a slight adjustment needed

I've got exactly the same problem too and it's really frustating. if I lower the roof the parcel shelf seems to get left behind by the boot. It should be in front of it and go flat first but it ends up sat on top of the boot unless I push it down the last inch or so before the boot lid comes down.

I can see the two cables on either side that seem to control the shelf.
From what I can see the outer cable ie nearest to bodywork controls the shelf when the roof is going up and pulls the two outer sections out of the way before lowering the shelf once the roof is closed.

The iner cables seem to be the one controlling lowering the shelf when the roof comes down.
It looks like the parcel shelf without the cables would be stuck up by what looks like a powerful spring.

The outer cables are held in place by a clip but the iner cables do have an adjustment nut on them that can be accessed when the roof is half way down but I cant seem to get a spanner on the nut to try it as the other cable is blocking my access.

I'm hoping my theory is correct has anyone any experience and managed to adjust the cables if so how did you do it.

P.S. IMPORTANT NOTICE
If you attempt this with the engine on or off be aware that the roof can and probably will drop down (after about 5 mins or so) on its own so make sure you either keep the engine running and perhaps move the roof a bit now and then or just be careful not to get your hands inside the mechanism. Just thought I'd warn you if you didn't already know :)

Return to “Megane CC”