Mk2 Megan CC 16v VVT

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Peterg
Currently Drives:: Megan CC 16v VVT

Mk2 Megan CC 16v VVT

Postby Peterg » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:49 pm

Hi All,

Need a new alternator for the above. I've asked Renault for advice and they've said that the only way they can tell what the exact version of alternator I need is, if I take it off and tell them the part/ref number. (apparently there are 8 different versions). There within lies the problem: A few years ago the alternator was changed because the garage at the time, said at some point in it's life the cars alternator had been fitted with the wrong one. But since then I'm fairly sure that the alternator has not outputting enough voltage, because if I didn't use the car for a few weeks the battery would go flat (yes I have changed the battery) and I also noticed that when I applied the breaks the headlights would dim!

So all I'm trying to do is source the correct version of alternator I need for my car, can anyone help?

Just a quick foot note: I cant believe that Renault can not advise me of the correct part number, surely they must have some sort of record of the version of alternator that was fitted to the engine when it left the factory?

Thanks in advance.

Peterg

Re: Mk2 Megan CC 16v VVT

Postby Peterg » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:11 am

Can anyone help??

Thanks

Peterg

Re: Mk2 Megan CC 16v VVT

Postby Peterg » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:38 am

Still no offers of help?