Anyone bought one yet

The section for all Megane III talk.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Woody Woo
Pass Plus

Re: Anyone bought one yet

Postby Woody Woo » Thu May 21, 2009 9:45 am

I understand the 2.0dCi does fit and will be coming in the summer.

Renault Build A Better Car :-)

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Thu May 21, 2009 2:40 pm

feefee wrote:Hi Poddy

Probably more Cee'ds about because they're more reliable!!!!

My pal has had 3 Kias and thinks they are absolutely FAB. I would consider one although my hubby doesn't like the styling....

i would have thought that this site would have had more people visiting to discuss their new Megane... I am also registered with another forum and its the same there... very few people discussing the car... perhaps the hatch is not going to be a success... either that... reliability has put people off..

We will never know... only time will tell

Good luck with the Kia

Fee x

The Kia has been around for a while now so you are going to see many more on the road, the Megane III is pretty new and the amount of new cars sold recently has dropped by massive amount. I also think the Megane's past history of relability issues will have hurt sales.

My dad finally got his new Privilige 1.5dCi on Tuesday (it took 3 weeks for the DVLA to transfer his private plate over :roll: ) but he is very happy with it and no problems so far, but he never really had problems with his last one either
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

Poddy
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Kia Cee'd 1.6 CRDi

Postby Poddy » Thu May 21, 2009 3:15 pm

there is one thing i have noticed with renaults as a whole, my old one started to give me problems when i had a light left foot, once i developed a heavery foot and a sportier style of driving the problems seemed to stop, the car went 12months like this without any problems, my next door neighbourgh has a Megane I and he has a 'very' sporty driving style and his has never missed a beat. also a fella i know drives a new clio, never abused the engine in any way, head gasget went on it.

begs the question, do renaults had to be drivin sportingly?
07 Kia Cee'd 1.6 CRDi
Remapped

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Thu May 21, 2009 6:31 pm

Poddy wrote:there is one thing i have noticed with renaults as a whole, my old one started to give me problems when i had a light left foot, once i developed a heavery foot and a sportier style of driving the problems seemed to stop, the car went 12months like this without any problems, my next door neighbourgh has a Megane I and he has a 'very' sporty driving style and his has never missed a beat. also a fella i know drives a new clio, never abused the engine in any way, head gasget went on it.

begs the question, do renaults had to be drivin sportingly?

Have you seen how the French drive :devil :down2: :driving :police

:lol: :lol:
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

Poddy
Pass Plus

Postby Poddy » Thu May 21, 2009 9:49 pm

could be the reason why renaults give so many problems, because people don't hoke the s**** out of them
07 Kia Cee'd 1.6 CRDi
Remapped

IainMW
F1 Driver

Postby IainMW » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:21 am

Pic's of My Dad's new Megane III

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:17 am

show us the inside, sho us the inside. :rock

IainMW
F1 Driver

Postby IainMW » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:23 pm

:lol: :lol:

You will have to wait a couple of weeks as they are away on holiday in it.

anth_dci
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane II DCi 120 Dynamique 52 plate

Postby anth_dci » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:16 pm

i cant make my mind up about them. I see the photos and i dont like the look, then i see one in the flesh and i do. I think reno have gone to reserved with it. I think the styling of the Megane 2 made it cool, and more appealing to younger buyers, i cant imagine seeing anyone younger than 40 behind the wheel of the new one (sport excluded).
Megane II dynamique 1.9 DCI 120bhp, 5 door, 52 plate.

IainMW
F1 Driver

Postby IainMW » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:55 pm

I think the Megane II was a love it or hate car on the styling front, the new Megane III is a bit the same, owners who like the in your face rear end of the previous model are let down by the new ones smoother lines.

I like it but it took me time to come round to the new styling. The digital speedo and analogue rev counter take a little getting used to IMHO, but my dad love's them and finds them clear to understand and use. The stereo system on the other hand is very complicated to use, it took me ages to work out how to set it up correctly and even longer to explain it to my dad! :lol:

It's a really nice car to drive, very planted on the road and well built if my dad's is anything to go by. The only negative that I have discovered with it so far is the rear visability is not good, the steeply raked rear window and narrow rear door windows make reversing difficult (thank god for rear parking sensors)

Poddy
Pass Plus

Postby Poddy » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:09 pm

I think its a really nice looking car, but i wouldn't have one, if i had to go for another renault, it would be another Megane 2 1.5dci Dynamic, as there so easy on diesel
07 Kia Cee'd 1.6 CRDi
Remapped

IainMW
F1 Driver

Postby IainMW » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:22 pm

This is a 1.5dCi 106

Currently averaging 56mpg after only 1500 miles! :D

feefee
Currently Drives:: Mark III Megane 1.5 Dci Privilege

Postby feefee » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:12 pm

Hiya

I'm now on to my 2nd Megane III, cant be that many of us around. The last one was replaced by Renault as it was SOOOO BAD...........originally bought in Feb 09.

My new 09, 1.5 dCi (106) Privilege in Extreme Blue has just arrived and its really a totally different beast to the heap of a car it replaced. One thing I have noticed is that this new car has a dCi badge on tailgate, my old one didn't. Funny how the most minor things make a difference.

Fuel consumption in my last megane was 47MPG which considering its all town driving , i thought was good. This one has only done 40 miles so far so its difficult to see where it'll end up. Handling on this car is much better and the clutch a lot lighter. Theres no vibration in the cabin in this one and the engine noise from cold is significantly quieter than the last. Possibly due to the airbox resonator fix which Renault has done in the factory?

It is early days with this replacement car so we'll need to see if any warranty issues turn up with this one. Good luck to the poor sod that buys my old one, dont know what Renault plan to do with it....

Will post if any problems crop up with this one.

Fee

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:40 pm

feefee wrote:Hiya

I'm now on to my 2nd Megane III, cant be that many of us around. The last one was replaced by Renault as it was SOOOO BAD...........originally bought in Feb 09.

My new 09, 1.5 dCi (106) Privilege in Extreme Blue has just arrived and its really a totally different beast to the heap of a car it replaced. One thing I have noticed is that this new car has a dCi badge on tailgate, my old one didn't. Funny how the most minor things make a difference.

Fuel consumption in my last megane was 47MPG which considering its all town driving , i thought was good. This one has only done 40 miles so far so its difficult to see where it'll end up. Handling on this car is much better and the clutch a lot lighter. Theres no vibration in the cabin in this one and the engine noise from cold is significantly quieter than the last. Possibly due to the airbox resonator fix which Renault has done in the factory?

It is early days with this replacement car so we'll need to see if any warranty issues turn up with this one. Good luck to the poor sod that buys my old one, dont know what Renault plan to do with it....

Will post if any problems crop up with this one.

Fee

That can not be right. I am getting 47-51mpg doing town driving.

feefee
Currently Drives:: Mark III Megane 1.5 Dci Privilege

Postby feefee » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:54 am

No - both hubby and I are extremely heavy footed but I am stopping (turning engine off) and starting around 20/30 times a day in my line of work.

Fuel consumption was a bit of a sore point on the last megane though as we weren't sure it was what we could expect from the megane, due to the poor overall quality of the car,vibrations, rattles and in view of the fact the car had been taken apart three times!!!

We were pleased with 47 but are looking forward with baited breath to seeing if this new car is "improved" MPG wise. We are taking car down on a 400 mile drive tomorrow and are interested to see its performance. BOth hubby and I are promising to be less heavy footed and treat with kid gloves this time.

Fee

Return to “Megane III”