Megane mk3 2009 mpg issues

The section for all Megane III talk.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

r4ndyd3vil
Currently Drives:: Megane

Megane mk3 2009 mpg issues

Postby r4ndyd3vil » Mon May 28, 2018 8:55 am

Hi all I'm after some advice / help

I've had my megane (1.5 dci) for around 2 months now and have averaged between 52.7 - 53.3 mpg for the time I've owned the car

The car has recently been serviced less then 1000 miles ago.

But recently my mpg has dropped to around 51.2 - 51.4 a drop of around 1.5mpg

I travel the same amount of miles each week to work and the usual short trips around town. So trips / miles havent changed.

The only thing I think has changed is that I've done something to the climate control settings.

So just wondering if anyone knows what's the best setting to have for the best mpg?

Thanks

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Re: Megane mk3 2009 mpg issues

Postby ChrisM » Wed May 30, 2018 10:29 pm

Anything electrical you run will alter mpg lights, heated screen and heater blower being the worst, if you have altered you AC settings you will more than likely find that's the issue. AC is a big sap on mpg.
If it has been like this since service did they adjust your hand brake of so could be binding slightly, lower tyre pressures can cause higher mpg and believe it or not roof down will cause a bit more drag so slightly more fuel used.
Or it could be as simple as it's running better and more responsive so you are driving it a bit harder and having fun in it since the service.

Return to “Megane III”