CAN U FIT CRUISE CONTROL??

The section for all Megane III talk.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Shaun1988
Currently Drives:: Renault megane MK3 2011 1.5 Tdci iMusic

CAN U FIT CRUISE CONTROL??

Postby Shaun1988 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:57 pm

Hi Forum,

I am new to the forum, as you can probably tell my name is Shaun and I am born in 1988 which makes me 29 years young :-)

I have tried to do a search on this subject but found nothing.

I have a 2011 renault megane iMusic 1.5 diesel that i would like to fit cruise control to, does anyone know if this is possible?

the reason being is my in-laws have just moved upto Inverness in Scotland and the drive up from Southampton is a rather long one and there for would be so much more comfortable with cruise control.

Thanks in advance

Shaun

Phil and Liz
Advanced Driver

Re: CAN U FIT CRUISE CONTROL??

Postby Phil and Liz » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:56 pm

wiring and controls units may already be there but your gonna need at least a steering wheel and switch, might be worth asking at a dealer to see if their code reader has an option for making cruise active. \if its nor you'll be better off p/exing for a tom tom dci but be warned that 110bhp version of the 1.5 is thirsty compared to the 85bhp that you may alreay have. ive had both, a 2012 dci tom tom that struggled to get pas 50 on a run and in winter never warmed up, i still have a 08 dci dynamique 85bhp that can easily reach 60 plus mpg on my commute ( also has cruise), the 12 plate has been replaced by a 66 plate clio nav s dci auto as the wife wanted a small auto ( she used the 08 and thought the 12 plate megane was too big for her commute on country roads)
Phil and Liz Jackson
Lanark

Return to “Megane III”