New Keycard

The section for all Megane III talk.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

BuffetMonster
Currently Drives:: Megane 3

New Keycard

Postby BuffetMonster » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:59 am

Hi all, I just bought a Megane 1.6, it has keyless entry and push start. Has anybody purchased another keyCard. If so was it from the main dealer or some website service? And what did you pay? Thx.

steve-t
Advanced Driver

Re: New Keycard

Postby steve-t » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:01 pm

I contacted Renault uk when I bought my mk3 with only 1 key
They paid 50%
It was still over £100 though
Steve

BuffetMonster

Postby BuffetMonster » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:01 pm

Hi Steve, I contacted renault (might have been slough) and was quoted about 230. I might ring another dealer. Thx Dave.

steve-t
Advanced Driver

Postby steve-t » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:31 pm

Try Renault UK customer relations at https://www.renault.co.uk/contact/custo ... nline.html
Steve

55Beats45
Currently Drives:: mk111 megane estate 1.5dci

Postby 55Beats45 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:15 am

I thought when I bought my megane that if there was a problem with the Keycard there would an emergency override switch/button somewhere to let you get home but no. Who in their right mind thought it was a good idea to install a system that was going to cost a customer circa £240.00 to renew an entry/ ignition key and was he drunk at the time. I phoned the A.A. and they offered to send a locksmith at my expense to see if he could do anything what a circus this is between Renault and the A.A. two companies I will never use again which is a pity I quite like my megane but not the rubbish surrounding the Keycard that has to come from France with a five day delivery time.

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Postby Stranger » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:41 pm

55Beats45 wrote:I thought when I bought my megane that if there was a problem with the Keycard there would an emergency override switch/button somewhere to let you get home but no. Who in their right mind thought it was a good idea to install a system that was going to cost a customer circa £240.00 to renew an entry/ ignition key and was he drunk at the time. I phoned the A.A. and they offered to send a locksmith at my expense to see if he could do anything what a circus this is between Renault and the A.A. two companies I will never use again which is a pity I quite like my megane but not the rubbish surrounding the Keycard that has to come from France with a five day delivery time.

Try contacting Renault UK, politely explain what's occurred and you may find they contribute, good luck with it :tu
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

BuffetMonster

Postby BuffetMonster » Thu May 18, 2017 9:42 pm

Okay I have ordered my keys. Ended up going to Renault Plymouth.
The best deal I could find was (for keyless entry/start - 4 button remote).
1 key programmed £190 or
2 keys programmed £230

As I only have 1 key and it's a bit battered I went for the 2 key 'deal'.
So really rather expensive and a nice cash cow for Renault.

Thanks all, just need to wait 10 days or so for the keys to arrive. Then I just need to get them paired to my car. I guess this is done with some kind of obd scanner at Renault.

Shefx001
Currently Drives:: Megane Oasis 2005

Postby Shefx001 » Wed May 31, 2017 10:12 am

I am new to the group so Hi,,,

I have a new card key for my Megane 2. 05 plate . I just need it coded. Any surgest ions ?

Return to “Megane III”