Remote audio controls not selecting

The section for all Megane III talk.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Chrali
Currently Drives:: 2012 Renault Megane 1.5 DCI Coupe

Remote audio controls not selecting

Postby Chrali » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:31 am

Within a few months of me owning this car I realised that whilst the audio controls can scroll to the phonebook I cannot select it to access my numbers. Renault checked that it should perform that way on a similar carand fitted a new control this Monday, but said that didnt fix it and wanted my authority to pull the dash apart at my cost to investigate the wiring and are now saying that it may not be covered under warranty! This is despite it being reported within the 4 year manufacturer warranty and still in the approved used warranty. I've checked the PDF on the the warranty and cannot see any exclusion such as this.

IMHO they accepted the fault exists as they tried to fix it. That the fix isn't as easy as it appears shouldn't be my problem, and its also a safety issue.

I'll be speaking to the service manager tomorrow and see how far I can push, but you buy from a main dealer to be protected against this type of thing.

Its a bit frustrating really, as sometimes the dealer is good, sometimes terrible.

Encourage alternative fuels, use all the petrol and diesel!

Return to “Megane III”