EGR Pipe

The section for all Megane III talk.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

JethroDee
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane
Estate MK 3 1.5 dCi ECO Expression + 5dr

EGR Pipe

Postby JethroDee » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:31 am

Hi, I'm new to the forum and looking for some advice.

I have a Megane MK 3 1.5 dCi ECO Expression which I bought second hand about a year ago. I recently get a 'Check Anti-pollution' warning, often accompanied by 'Check-injection'.

I've taken it to a local garage who tried regenerating the DPF but this didn't help and the warning came back. They told me the DPF would probably need replacing. From reading others' similar problems I lost a bit of confidence in the local garage (they have misdiagnosed before, though can be good) so I booked in for a service with a Renault dealer and asked them to look at the problem too.

They had a look and said their diagnostic tools pointed to a blocked EGR pipe. They've tried unblocking it but the warning persists so they said thay'd price up a replacement pipe for me.

I got a call from them yesterday and they've quoted a whopping £999.58 to replace! The breakdown is £150 for the pipe and the rest for labour as apparently it's it a difficult location and would take about 8 hours (and by the sound of it 2 mechanics) to fit.

This sounds unrealistic to me. Would it really take that long?!?!

Does anyone have any experience of changing an EGR pipe?

On the plus side they were very open about the costs, that they previously tried unblocking the pipe and why they think they need to replace the pipe. I asked whether the sensor could be at fault but they say that it tested fine.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Chrali
Currently Drives:: 2012 Renault Megane 1.5 DCI Coupe

Re: EGR Pipe

Postby Chrali » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:45 pm

Well its not just the labour time, but labour cost. Renault will be charging around £100 per hour for labour!
Other garages will cost a lot less, depends it you have a local garage you trust,

Encourage alternative fuels, use all the petrol and diesel!

Return to “Megane III”