New to forum! Mods advice please

The section for all Megane III talk.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Adammegane
Currently Drives:: 2010 Megane 1.6 Coupe Dynamique

New to forum! Mods advice please

Postby Adammegane » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:16 pm

Firstly..Hello! I'm a proud owner of a 2010 (59reg) megane mk3 coupe dynamique. :grin :D

I was looking at subtle mods to do on megan (im named her after megan fox) like carbon fibre wing mirrors, badges, lowering springs, tints and a few interior mods.

Is there a website what everyone on here recommends?

Many thanks :hug

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Re: New to forum! Mods advice please

Postby AlexB » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:25 pm

The most effective mod is new tyres. Conti Sport 5P are the best for street - an excellent cold grip. I usually put slightly wider tyres on the front in order to reduce understeer. The range of tyre sizes for your rims is easy to determine by using one of online calculators. Then adjust the pressures for a single driver and empty boot (unless you're ferrying the family).

There is not much you can do with a naturally aspirated engine, and it is not powerful enough for upgrading to LSD. Any mods to the suspension will make the car slower. An option is to make the exhaust louder at a great expense... Almost forgot - bleed the brakes, change the brake fluid, try Brembo or Greenstuff pads. This will make a minor difference.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

Adammegane
Currently Drives:: 2010 Megane 1.6 Coupe Dynamique

Re: New to forum! Mods advice please

Postby Adammegane » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:08 am

Thats great, thanks for replying!

I wasnt too keep on engine mods on a 1.6 except improving the flow on air inlet so exterior and interior mods are on the cards atm.

can you convert the front 'non LED' headlight to the newer LED model? is there a 'go to website' for all renault users to buy stuff?

Cheers :) :)

Return to “Megane III”